• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage June Auction
7 7

756 posts in this topic

On 5/6/2022 at 4:05 PM, drdonaldblake1 said:

4 million $ is possible especially if 3.3 million winner and another BSD   WANT it

You could invest in all the Garfield strips with that much money.

On 5/6/2022 at 3:50 AM, comix4fun said:

Normally I'd scoff at something like this, but then I think back to the first time I heard Joy Division. CHANGED MUH LIFE! That was historic to me. 
So, anything's possible.

I lean more towards the raw edginess of Joy Division over the polished (more accessible to a mainstream audience) output of New Order . . . even though I liked both incarnations of the band.

I stopped listening to/was turned off by New Order after they released a football song (World in Motion) featuring Liverpool football player John Barnes* performing some rap inserts . . . badly!  :sick:

*  For the record, I'm from Liverpool and lived next to the LFC football ground for the first 18 years of my life.

Edited by The Voord

On 5/7/2022 at 1:45 AM, The Voord said:

I lean more towards the raw edginess of Joy Division over the polished (more accessible to a mainstream audience) output of New Order . . . even though I liked both incarnations of the band.

I stopped listening to/was turned off by New Order after they released a football song (World in Motion) featuring Liverpool football player John Barnes* performing some rap inserts . . . badly!  :sick:

*  For the record, I'm from Liverpool and lived next to the LFC football ground for the first 18 years of my life.

I tend to ignore "world in motion". It's a hard skip on my random shuffle. They did some great things before and after as a band but that's a very commercial move resulting in their only UK #1 (which I think is an indictment on all of UK culture) sadly, when almost everything else they recorded was dramatically better than that song. 

Edited by comix4fun

On 5/6/2022 at 11:45 PM, The Voord said:

I remember a reaction to 🌎 in Motion as “that song is bloody aces!” and I thought, I’m not from the UK but I think he’s saying it’s a great song. I’m certain this embarrassing dreadful dirge is far from that.

But Terry I did like some of the stuff 🎵 post 🌎 so.....

🛑 Oh, and of course wow so many great pieces of art keep popping up may be another record breaker!!! 😂 

Metal Men #6 (2020) by George Perez is in the auction. I think this is George's last published work.  Ooops not in signature but in the nest Wednesday HA auction.

https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/george-perez-metal-men-6-variant-cover-original-art-dc-comics-2020-/p/322220-38002.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515#

lf.jpeg

Edited by Brian Peck

On 5/10/2022 at 8:07 PM, Peter G said:

I honestly don’t know. I can see 40k-65k but that’s just a guess

It's hard to benchmark without comps, and it's not like Cerebus covers come to market every day, let alone early key Cerebus covers.

On 5/10/2022 at 10:33 AM, tth2 said:

I'm personally hoping that the big spending OA collectors are too vapid to care about something as niche as Cerebus.

I hope you get it, if you're thinking about it as it sounds you might be.   It would be nice to see something that cool with one of the board regulars.     

On 5/11/2022 at 2:07 AM, Bronty said:
On 5/10/2022 at 10:33 PM, tth2 said:

I'm personally hoping that the big spending OA collectors are too vapid to care about something as niche as Cerebus.

CerebusInterior.jpg

Hopefully they'll see this and go "Oh, not McFarlane/Lee/Miller/Byrne/Spider-Man/Wolverine/Killing Joke" and quickly move on.