• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage June Auction
7 7

756 posts in this topic

It looks like the setup was that he was carrying her things at first (below), so I think I am remembering it correctly.   They go on their adventure, he bests her in battle and instead of taking the nookie he makes her carry his stuff (payback!).

Ckuobp9Y_080420215943lola.jpeg

Edited by Bronty

On 5/12/2022 at 2:43 AM, Rick2you2 said:

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know what the next page says?

It didn't break new ground in comics depicting inter-species sex, if that's what you're wondering.

On 5/11/2022 at 12:33 AM, tth2 said:

I'm personally hoping that the big spending OA collectors are too vapid to care about something as niche as Cerebus.

dont get your hopes up Tim

this cover will bring at least $20k............possibly as high as $50k

On 5/11/2022 at 11:32 PM, drdonaldblake1 said:

speaking of the King...............

https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/jack-kirby-and-joe-sinnott-fantastic-four-63-story-page-12-original-art-marvel-1967-/p/7274-114009.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

i would LOVE to own this...............what a great battle page Thing V Blastarr!

That is pretty spectacular 

Wow! They just keep coming!

1st appearance of Ghost Rider (Johnny Blaze) by Mike Ploog. 

Most of these pages are in known collections. Surprised to see this one come up. I wonder how much I can get for a kidney.

It looks like they have it initially mislabeled though as Ghost Rider #10  

https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/story-page/mike-ploog-ghost-rider-10-story-page-9-original-art-marvel-1975-/p/7274-204005.s

88BF4E1F-75C9-4808-A2AA-BC7B79776F42.thumb.jpeg.b3f6735a8efffeb6d1336e59578cec16.jpeg

On 5/11/2022 at 11:31 PM, drdonaldblake1 said:

is this DEFINITELY Kirby pencils??

A lot of people will have strong opinions on what they believe but I will help with a bit of a reminder of facts.

Piece was drawn in the late 80s and hung in Jacks home  (confirmed by collectors and his assistants)and subsequently was sold by Jack and Roz in the early 90s to Graham Nash of Nash collectibles.

Later on then the piece was inked both by Mike Royer and Joe Sinnott and had signed their name beside Jacks. You can see the pieces below.

Additionally, Mark Evanier who is a Kirby historian confirmed he remembered Jack working on the piece but also said he had help from someone and believes it it be around 70% by Jack.

image.thumb.jpeg.e6158f68d0847d70227a10a15a1a5a55.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.d35cca8e1d7c626b3315b55db1871136.jpeg

Edited by RICKYBOBBY

On 5/12/2022 at 10:38 PM, grapeape said:

This page showing is not the first appearance of Ghost Rider my friend. This is actually listed correctly as page 15 from issue 10 which does recall the origin.

Above the pic it does say #1 which is wrong. However the description below is correct. I love this issue, nice page.

Ghost Rider #10 was a reprint of Marvel Spotlight #5. I think when it was reprinted 4 years later they reshot the original art and stamped ghost Rider #10 on t as it shows Spotlight crossed out.

On 5/12/2022 at 10:36 PM, glendgold said:

The winner will DEFINITELY find it easier to flick a booger off his fingers than to ever rehome this.

CMtk.gif

The people who have bought this piece over the past few years (and there have been many) DEFINITELY wanted to believe that this was a legit Kirby pencil piece. And then they DEFINITELY wanted everyone else to believe that, too.

Somehow, I DEFINITELY believe that if anyone truly concluded they were holding the real thing...they would have kept it.

On 5/13/2022 at 5:55 PM, Nexus said:

The people who have bought this piece over the past few years (and there have been many) DEFINITELY wanted to believe that this was a legit Kirby pencil piece. And then they DEFINITELY wanted everyone else to believe that, too.

Somehow, I DEFINITELY believe that if anyone truly concluded they were holding the real thing...they would have kept it.

That seems logical!

I'm still not sure I understand the history.

Piecing together what's in this thread, is this supposed to be kirby pencils to some extent (one guess 70%), along with an assistant.     Pencils left unmolested but then inked onto separate boards by both Sinnott and Royer?

Am I following the bouncing ball correctly?

And what parts of that story are uncertain?