• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modest Gold That You Give A Lot Of Love To
5 5

76 posts in this topic

On 4/17/2022 at 6:09 AM, Courageous Cat said:

although i think theres still lots to chose in that area if you can find them, but I find Cosmo cat  #1 ahead of its time for 1946 standards in cover art. While it'll probably never be a 1000.00 book, i'm drawn to the cover and ironically i just finally got it slab. Pretty tough book to find IMO

IMG_2558.jpeg

I recently stumbled across a copy of this on eBay and had my heart broken when it showed up with a panel cut out :(

On 4/17/2022 at 5:10 AM, Ryan. said:

Thread titles ending in a preposition :ohnoez:

On 4/17/2022 at 5:18 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Don’t forget which end of the pool we are at

Its perfectly acceptable to end a sentence with the word “to” if I want to…:devil:

I'm going to post two pics here...

Jo-Jo Congo King. This particular copy purchased from former San Diego Comic Con dealer room facilitator Tom French in the late 80's or early 90's for $40. This was the comic that sent me down that rabbit hole of collecting GGA Fox Comics and is one of my favorite Jack Kamen covers of all time. Mountain of Skulls (and the interior is very cool as well). I don't know what a decent copy goes for these days. No need to look, as this copy is good enough for me, brings back good memories of Tom, and all that hunting ever since I bought it. 

This is a recent acquisition, although I have been a Simon and Kirby fan for decades, and a Boy's Ranch fan as well. Boy's Ranch is my favorite comic book western series and the stories and art are always a joy to behold. I don't know why it took me so long to add the #1 (in decent shape) to my collection. Still looking for a 3, 5 and a 6 (hmmm...)

7B27DDF3-F11F-4DAA-987F-FBA449C471B8_1_201_a.jpeg

19F975B9-FE94-4FB3-B4A1-9A79E6DBB119.jpeg

On 4/17/2022 at 8:04 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Love the colors on this never seen, cheap GGAB89DCFF6-9B5A-4CFD-BCC2-55A777F28473.thumb.jpeg.1bb5e0bc1e4dd482d346f89f82ec2366.jpeg

This book was tied for #9 position of top Overstreet 100 back in the 1970s. Since then, it has plummeted and can still be had for the same exact money it went for in the 70’s. It’s a terrific collection of “other worldly” Hal Foster, and I recently bought it off a Heritage weekly for a song

801B3833-FF2A-45D1-B8B9-25903A49C78D.jpeg

I do think Matt Baker made use of the best color palette at St. John...I am never lucky enough to find those Mopsy's cheap, however, and would have been all over that issue if I ever did find an affordable copy