• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modest Gold That You Give A Lot Of Love To
5 5

76 posts in this topic

On 4/18/2022 at 9:15 PM, 50YrsCollctngCmcs said:

Most of my collection falls in this thread. Hard to pick a favorite but I'll grab two random scans for examples. So much great material can be had for a good price if you just look. I'm a big Dell guy but I'll skip those and go to some other publishers

Here's some early Golden Age picked up in the sub $300 range in the last five years. Big thick 64 page books that really capture the feel of the Golden Age of comics.

Whiz14.thumb.JPG.c6a2039c0b7e5b2f5a156aa02753a3de.JPG

GreenHornet5.thumb.jpg.f7e7310d7a4d86eb29209ca2a75d686a.jpg

Great books! Most of my collection used to fall in this thread. But the passage of time has bumped up a whole lot of them. No way would I pay todays prices for most of them. I have always beaten to a different drummer and gone down the road less traveled. Seems my instincts were right. 

On 4/19/2022 at 1:03 AM, comicnoir said:

Cost $960.00, just squeaked under.

Speed Comics 35.jpg

Great book!

I just threw out the 1k number as a arbitrary figure. Point being a mere mortal can usually afford the book without taking out a loan or selling your firstborn. I figured 1k was a safe number. Obviously to people like Bedrock 5k or more is their lunch money…lol

Edited by N e r V