• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

oops...
5 5

274 posts in this topic

On 4/22/2022 at 2:15 PM, Sigur Ros said:

Not true.  Volume isn't causing errors.  CGC employees are causing errors.  Blaming volume is just making excuses for them.

No matter how much work there is to do... an employee either does the work correctly or they don't.

If you want to say the pressure from above to get the work done fast is creating a situation where the employees are failing and creating errors... then that is a different story, and may or may not be the case.

Regardless, that's pressure from above mixed with employees who can't handle that pressure.... not the amount of work.

Any employee in any field will increase error rate with large work load increase.

On 4/22/2022 at 9:43 PM, Bluemedgroup said:

100% agree.  

If error rate increases due to more work than you can accurately handle, there's only one solution.

On 4/23/2022 at 12:45 AM, kav said:

If error rate increases due to more work than you can accurately handle, there's only one solution.

Fire them and find someone who can handle it.. :baiting:

On 4/21/2022 at 9:02 AM, Stefan_W said:

In order for this mistake to happen the person submitting it must have put in incorrect info in the submission form. He is clearly a scam artist so no surprise that after his little trick worked he is bouncing from one forum to another trying to sell off these books.

Unfortunately, this is not always the case. I’ve had a book mislabeled by CGC that was correctly entered on the invoice. They even mislabeled it a second time when I sent it back to be corrected.

This may have been the work of a scammer or just another example of how bad QC has become. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 4/22/2022 at 6:47 PM, kav said:

Any employee in any field will increase error rate with large work load increase.

Not sure what you're saying. Are you saying, for example, that if the rate of errors was 1%, it becomes greater than 1% if the work load increases? If this is what you mean, then I'm afraid I'm going to have to disagree with you.

On 4/23/2022 at 7:22 AM, Gaard said:

Not sure what you're saying. Are you saying, for example, that if the rate of errors was 1%, it becomes greater than 1% if the work load increases? If this is what you mean, then I'm afraid I'm going to have to disagree with you.

Yes, that's what he said.  I don't think he realizes it.

The rate of errors shouldn't increase with the amount of work.  And of course not in every field.

In any case, the cause of errors is not the workload, but the employee failures.

Edited by Sigur Ros

On 4/22/2022 at 10:12 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Unfortunately, this is not always the case. I’ve had a book mislabeled by CGC that was correctly entered on the invoice. They even mislabeled it a second time when I sent it back to be corrected.

This may have been the work of a scammer or just another example of how bad QC has become. 

MAY have been a scammer.

CERTAINLY a failure of CGC authentication experts. 

On 4/23/2022 at 7:32 AM, Sigur Ros said:

The rate of errors shouldn't increase with the amount of work.  And of course not in every field.

In any case, the cause of errors is not the workload, but the employee failures.

lucille-ball-i-love-lucy.gif

On 4/23/2022 at 1:06 AM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:
On 4/23/2022 at 12:45 AM, kav said:

Fire them and find someone who can handle it.. :baiting:

20220313_221238.jpg.ffc241463fe18c49915b43a72ac2c3e1.jpg

On 4/23/2022 at 12:12 PM, shadroch said:

Fire them.

On 4/23/2022 at 7:32 AM, Sigur Ros said:
On 4/23/2022 at 4:22 AM, Gaard said:

Edited 5 hours ago by Sigur Ros

Imagine your job is examining cogs for defects.  You have a full plate examining 100 cogs a day.  Suddenly you are required to examine 200 cogs a day, in the same timeframe.  Due to the laws of spacetime physics, this means you will spend 1/2 the time examining each cog as you did before.  Less time examining cogs for defects means more defects slip through.

On 4/23/2022 at 3:40 PM, kav said:

Imagine your job is examining cogs for defects.  You have a full plate examining 100 cogs a day.  Suddenly you are required to examine 200 cogs a day, in the same timeframe.  Due to the laws of spacetime physics, this means you will spend 1/2 the time examining each cog as you did before.  Less time examining cogs for defects means more defects slip through.

So the number of errors go up, according to your scenario, not the error rate as Gaard explained.  That is what you are saying. 

I understand that, and agree it's likely in some lines of work, but the responsibility falls on the employee making the errors. That is all I am saying. 

On 4/23/2022 at 4:13 PM, Sigur Ros said:
On 4/23/2022 at 3:40 PM, kav said:

So the number of errors go up, according to your scenario, not the error rate as Gaard explained.  That is what you are saying. 

I understand that, and agree it's likely in some lines of work, but the responsibility falls on the employee making the errors. That is all I am saying. 

I think they both go up. Imagine Kav's scenario where your time gets cut in half, but you still have the same amount of items to examine. Because you only have half the time more errors slip through. If its the same amount of items my error rate is going to increase. 

On 4/23/2022 at 1:13 PM, Sigur Ros said:

what about the employer overloading the employee so they do not have enough time to do their work effectively?

On 4/23/2022 at 4:16 PM, wombat said:

I think they both go up. Imagine Kav's scenario where your time gets cut in half, but you still have the same amount of items to examine. Because you only have half the time more errors slip through. If its the same amount of items my error rate is going to increase. 

I mean, we could keep making up scenarios.  None of it changes the original statement though.  Employees are letting these poor QC failures out the door.  No one else.

But if what you're all saying is fact, I would hate to see an air traffic controller on one of his busier days.  

On 4/23/2022 at 4:30 PM, kav said:

what about the employer overloading the employee so they do not have enough time to do their work effectively?

Then, as I said, the employee is not doing his job effectively.

You can blame the employer, sure.  Just like we do here.   But you still can't blame the product.

On 4/23/2022 at 7:49 PM, Sigur Ros said:

I mean, we could keep making up scenarios.  None of it changes the original statement though.  Employees are letting these poor QC failures out the door.  No one else.

But if what you're all saying is fact, I would hate to see an air traffic controller on one of his busier days.  

I don't think anyone is arguing employees aren't missing things. But that doesn't equate to it being the employees fault depending on circumstances. And I don't really think anyone was making up scenarios for the sake of it. Just trying to figure out what may be happening and why. 

As far as your air traffic controller example I would certainly hope that they have a maximum amount of planes one controller could adequately handle and being "very busy" still wouldn't put him over that limit. 

Edited by wombat

On 4/23/2022 at 4:52 PM, Sigur Ros said:

Then, as I said, the employee is not doing his job effectively.

You can blame the employer, sure.  Just like we do here.   But you still can't blame the product.

So if you worked at a car shop and boss said I need this engine rebuilt in one hour and you couldnt do it-your fault?