• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

oops...
5 5

274 posts in this topic

On 4/20/2022 at 9:58 PM, ExNihilo said:

My God.  Also, does MySlabs just function like eBay where the seller has the book and sells it?  Or is it like shortboxed/HA/mycomicshop where the book is sent and held by the company?  Because if that's the case, that's also a big oopsie by MySlabs.

Shortboxed doesn't hold the book.

On 4/20/2022 at 9:58 PM, ExNihilo said:

My God.  Also, does MySlabs just function like eBay where the seller has the book and sells it?  Or is it like shortboxed/HA/mycomicshop where the book is sent and held by the company?  Because if that's the case, that's also a big oopsie by MySlabs.

It's like most selling sites, they never possess the book.

On 4/21/2022 at 7:26 AM, Point Five said:

I'm in the market for a UF4, and it's a bit unnerving that I'm not seeing what you guys are seeing. How can you tell it's the facsimile edition?

Red border around the word "Marvel" is the simplest giveaway.   Also, the bar code is the more modern style, moved to the left against the edge of the book.

Edited by Sigur Ros

On 4/21/2022 at 7:54 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

While "buy the book, not the label" is always the best practice, that's not the lesson to learn here.

CGC needs to do better.

That was my sarcastic way of saying buy the 2021 book, not the label that claims it was published in 2011.

On 4/20/2022 at 10:31 PM, Domo Arigato said:

Looks like someone notified MySlabs earlier today......or they caught the error themselves.

I just received the following reply from Sean at MySlabs:

Hello,
Thanks for reaching out we addressed this with both parties earlier today.
Thank you

Yea, the image was from an IG post of theirs from yesterday.   It was pointed out and they thanked everyone and said they would contact the involved parties and weren't going to let the buyer take the hit.

To me, it just means that people that don’t collect for the hobby of it don’t know what they are looking at.  It’s all about turning profits.  I think I’ve b1tched about this before. :deadhorse:

Edited by Galen130

On 4/21/2022 at 10:43 AM, Galen130 said:

To me, it just means that people that don’t collect for the hobby of it don’t know what they are looking at.  It’s all about turning profits.  I think I’ve b1tched about this before. :deadhorse:

So would this be the fault of the grader or somewhere else in the process? @The Lions Den Any thoughts?

On 4/21/2022 at 9:02 AM, wombat said:

So would this be the fault of the grader or somewhere else in the process? @The Lions Den Any thoughts?

What about the submitter?  I’m willing to bet there’s an option for a facsimile variant when submitting books like this. (shrug)

I think that’s where the chain starts…hm