• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SDCC 2022 JULY 20-24 San Diego Comic-Con
2 2

60 posts in this topic

On 7/21/2022 at 4:29 PM, ExNihilo said:

I just think about how capacity at the LA Coliseum is 77,500.  Rose Bowl is like 92k.  It just begs the question...how big is the San Diego Convention Center?  :whatthe:

This BIG:
(I never noticed how much it looks like a hugemangous cruise ship or star liner.)

Screen Shot 2022-07-21 at 4.46.26 PM.png

Edited by Black Bat

t

On 7/21/2022 at 4:29 PM, ExNihilo said:

I just think about how capacity at the LA Coliseum is 77,500.  Rose Bowl is like 92k.  It just begs the question...how big is the San Diego Convention Center?  :whatthe:

that number includes one day, two day, 4 day attendees, guests etc

On 7/21/2022 at 4:47 PM, Black Bat said:

This BIG:
(I never noticed how much it looks like a hugemangous cruise ship or star liner.)

Screen Shot 2022-07-21 at 4.46.26 PM.png

Set against the backdrop of Downtown like that, it looks HUGE.  Also looks like a nice newish facility.  Sigh...one year I'll make the trek.  Even if I don't buy anything it just seems like something I need to check off the nerd bucket list.

And that doesn't include the offsite events that are part of the official programs.   The entire city turns comic book-- I stopped at a market to pick up some food for the hotel room (okay and Vodka) and all the displays in the store were superhero themed, and this was about a mile away from the convention center.

And I was there in '18 too-- 165k seems about right-- I think NYCC numbers are close or even higher, but the crowd is much more spread out at SDCC, plus let's be honest, NYC is great but San Diego is a vacation spot.

Edited by AndyFish

On 7/22/2022 at 2:31 PM, Mmehdy said:

Had a fantastic time at 1972 50th anniversary comic con dinner, the first year in the El Cortez hotel, which I attended way back when, I sat next to Terry Stroud and will make some great comments in the "gold section" about discussing history.

I went to that dinner too. A good time was had by all!