• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2022 CGC Grading Contest Season 1 Spring Edition (#2) Round 3
11 11

330 posts in this topic

On 5/7/2022 at 8:13 PM, Bird said:

d'oh! 9 points not 8. I had the Crime SuspenStories at 1.5 (I was convinced and still am) and forgot that is 3 points away from 2.5, not 2!

5, 7, 9...not a good score progression

I had the Crime Suspense as a 1.8. There's no way that book is any higher than that.

On 5/7/2022 at 5:21 PM, Cushing Fan said:

I had the duck graded at 9.2 - I thought the misaligned cover would have prevented anything higher.

CGC generally doesn't subtract anything for structural aspects such as misalignment...just FYI moving forward.  My best round so far...no bulls-eyes but more importantly no bombs...

Graded 3.0/9.2/4.5/4.0/5.0 so 1/2/1/1/1 = 6 points.  Had the HTD1 at 9.4 and nudged to 9.2 thought there was a light crease lower right corner. (shrug)  And finally under-graded a book...the ASM AN1 at 5.0. :headbang: 

On 5/8/2022 at 9:59 AM, Black_Adam said:

I also missed the mark on the HTD. Was sure that bottom right corner had a ncb crease. Type of flaw that is really hard to doublecheck without the book in hand...

I felt the same...9.2

CSS gut 2.5 went w/ 3.0

MS 3.5

Show 4.0

ASM 4.5....now I need mine graded QUICK!

Oh well, I'm consistently inconsistent 👍

On 5/8/2022 at 3:35 PM, apoptosis said:

Have the Round 3 results been posted, don't see them anywhere?

The books results and grades yes, the standings of contestants not yet akaik

Edited by ADAMANTIUM