• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Selling your eBay store on eBay?
2 2

36 posts in this topic

On 5/13/2022 at 5:25 AM, Broke as a Joke said:

Why through ebay?

Pay with PayPal. 6 months later if you're not happy with the business or stock or there's been a downturn in the market open a case with PayPal. 

~ Some arsehole

I would say one of the skills that this owner doesn't possess is organization. You have books laying around haphazardly, and there are several long boxes stored upright with no lid. I would imagine if you brushed up against one of those boxes, all the books would fall out.

To be honest, I'm not sure that I would take this offer even if the asking price was $1000. First, I have absolutely no place to store that many comics. Second, going through all those boxes to determine what you purchased would be a great undertaking.

They aren't really selling the eBay store, just the inventory.  It says in the description "My eBay name and account remains with me".  So you are just buying the stuff, not the business, no customer list, no employees transferring, etc.

I guess he's really tired of doing all those small sales.  It's time someone stepped up and overpaid for it all at once.  But hurry up - he's very busy.

Don't dealers pay around 0.15 a book when they buy collections? He's charging close to a $1 each. Bet he'll pull a lot of the grails if someone shows serious interest. Doesn't mention any in the ad even though it would be another selling point. "Includes AF #15 etc..." The photos look like an ocean of dreck....:sick:

Edited by MattrixAlien
Corrected spelling of dreck :)

On 5/12/2022 at 6:37 PM, Math Teacher said:

I would say one of the skills that this owner doesn't possess is organization. You have books laying around haphazardly, and there are several long boxes stored upright with no lid. I would imagine if you brushed up against one of those boxes, all the books would fall out.

To be honest, I'm not sure that I would take this offer even if the asking price was $1000. First, I have absolutely no place to store that many comics. Second, going through all those boxes to determine what you purchased would be a great undertaking.

Not disagreeing, place is hot mess, but I’ve seen the vertical box setup used for sorting/cataloging/organizing before… 

On 5/12/2022 at 7:47 PM, MattrixAlien said:

Don't dealers pay around 0.15 a book when they buy collections? He's charging close to a $1 each. Bet he'll pull a lot of the grails if someone shows serious interest. Doesn't mention any in the ad even though it would be another selling point. "Includes AF #15 etc..." The photos look like an ocean of dreck....:sick:

He has hundreds of thousands of books in inventory and his highest sale on eBay over the last few months is under 2 grand for a lot of books. There are no grails in that warehouse.