• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Steve B is joining Mycomicshop
2 2

173 posts in this topic

On 5/18/2022 at 12:07 PM, Sigur Ros said:
On 5/18/2022 at 11:53 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

The other guy was joking because you said, "I'll give you a chance". Okay, so what if he doesn't do it? You're not going to do anything; That's the joke.

A lot of the older guys don't give a s**t about the drama and choose to expose it with humor.

Lol, ffs... I just said I'd give him a chance to realize he was wrong and "the joke" is that I threatened him.  Got it. 

That is some brilliant, Eddie Murphy level stand-up. 

I guess I just don't relate to these old guys you know.  I'm good with that. 

Thanks dad 👍

Right back atcha, sonny

Maybe when you get a little older you'll have enough money to buy a sense of humor. 

On 5/18/2022 at 2:21 AM, JollyComics said:

Yeah. I am not a fan of all other websites. Literally I abandoned Comicconnect after the website was overhauled and they added a buyer’s premium.

you sealed with it

On 5/18/2022 at 7:15 AM, JEFFROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO said:

You don't? You cared enough to pop into this thread and ask. Seems pretty straight forward to me.

I will now await your adjustment to the goal post.

Oh, and it's Suze, not Suzy

Suzeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

On 5/18/2022 at 5:43 AM, JEFFROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO said:

Why do you care what he likes or doesn't like?

Right back atcha, chief. 

You needed to ask, "why do you care about who he cares about?" Then he could answer or ignore it, rather than deflect it.

On 5/17/2022 at 2:42 PM, JazzMan said:

Wait a cotton picking moment.  When Steve left CGC he went to Heritage as a consignment director for about a year or two.  After that he started CBCS. hm

So who's got the over/under on how long it'll take for Steve to start BCGS - Borock Comic Grading Service? :banana:

I think it really depends on how long his "non-compete" requirement clause with Beckett states that he has to adher to when he left CBCS.  hm

On 5/18/2022 at 10:12 AM, Robot Man said:

Happy for Steve if that is what he wants. I know how much he has always enjoying buying and selling comics. He has always been a real stand up guy and a strong asset to the hobby. He will be a strong asset to MCS.

I am a little dismayed to suspect a further decline in CGC’s main competitor  though. CGC has had a number of problems and need to have that competition.

As collectors we need to have a viable choice in the grading field. A strong monopoly is not a good thing.

I guess time will tell…

I agree with this. Bad news as far as pushing CGC to be better. A possible silver lining is that every time I saw Steve interviewed he was adamant that their ugly label was perfect and didn’t need changing. I doubt he is the one making the final decision on that and maybe he was just parroting the company line, but just maybe he was the loudest voice against them making a change like that and now they can make it. A more attractive label would be big for them and possibly boosting their appeal thus their market share

On 5/18/2022 at 11:55 AM, lou_fine said:

Yes, wasn't that a wild and raucous time on the boards here when it first came to light what both Nelson and Ewert had been secretly doing to their books and then foisting and laundering them onto an unsupsecting collector base, when both of these activities were clearly considered to be restoration at the time.  (tsk)  (tsk)

And as we all well know by now, CGC ended up giving the green light to what Nelson had been doing and a big flashing red light to what Ewert had been doing.  I guess this means that when we see Ewert installed as Head Grader or President of CGC, then it's time for all of us to run down to the Loonie Store as fast as our little feet can take us so that we can buy the sharpest pair of sccisors there are before they are all sold out. lol  :devil: 

Thankfully......gamers will be able to switch from WATA to CGC's new grading service to avoid any possible shenanigans or quality

control problems. lol

Wait......I've got one more in me................... lol

On 5/18/2022 at 4:42 PM, Ares said:

no offence but how soon till he heads up a 3rd grading Company. 

Is he leaving CBCS or will he be on both>

Leaving.  Says he wants to be at MCS until he retires.