• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Steve B is joining Mycomicshop
2 2

173 posts in this topic

On 5/18/2022 at 5:40 PM, toro said:

Shouldn't CGC have more graders than that?  With the amount of books they take in and the amount of books in back log you would think 25 to 30 graders.

that is why they are having the cgc academy I would think, to identify potential hires

On 5/18/2022 at 5:40 PM, miraclemet said:

What's wrong with being interested in the overall comic marker/hobby?

Nothing. 

I was asking about your comment:

"I feel like over on the CBCS groups there are some Borok-heads (my term, copywrite me) that might actually stop 'staning the competition now that Steve is leaving... "

You answered.  End of discussion. 

Then a half-dozen people tried to challenge me for asking and turned my question into something it wasn't. ;) 

On 5/18/2022 at 7:59 PM, JollyComics said:

That's why I didn't use this due to a misspelled name.

no thats the kerrect spelin-they typoed all the other times.

Seal with it.

I wish him all the best, but I remember when this place split and formed two chat boards.  He was part of "that other grading company" now.  It was a bummer how many people went over there never to be heard of again lol

Edited by Senormac

On 5/29/2022 at 4:36 PM, aardvark88 said:

Per Steve B: I am moving, everything in the hobby is 'fantastic' and in good hands. Excelsior.

Have to wonder, is he the hobby Jesus?

On 5/29/2022 at 5:11 PM, MTDEW said:

I don't know where Jesus lives (shrug)

You're a creep, Stu

I don't agree with what Steve said to you on the other forum, but decent human beings don't continually make accounts where they aren't wanted, nor use peoples faces without permission as avatars 

You are the definition of a creep, Stu

On 5/17/2022 at 1:37 PM, mycomicshop said:

Our weekly auctions have an intentionally lower value target, and older/better stuff is funneled toward our four times a year Prime Auctions that run in January, April, July, and October. Earlier this year we had our first ever prime auction to surpass $1M in sales. Our sales I think are also tilted more heavily toward BIN format than auction, compared to some of the other venues that are more auction-centric, so a lot of material that might otherwise end up in auction instead sells as BIN.

That said, our weekly auctions have been filling to capacity recently even after expanding them by one hour. We will adjust our auction schedule, weeklies and primes, to match demand and the needs of our consignors.

Great! 57 more raw books headed your way!

On 5/30/2022 at 12:40 AM, Kramerica said:

Let's not get carried away. The MCS website is functional and easy to use. Maybe the search function could be improved along with a few other areas but I've grown to like it. When there are 12 different copies of Sub-Mariner #1 they make it pretty easy to browse through and check out each one. It's one of the best back issue websites out there and their weekly auctions are easy to scoll through and bid.

No, it isn't functional - or at least not by any good modern definition of the word. The site is 100% not mobile friendly, which means it is not a functional experience and I cannot even fathom the amount of lost traffic and conversions because of the poor user experience. You might like it because you are used to it and it works on your setup, but that doesn't mean it's anywhere close to being acceptable or even usable for the majority of web users.

Even on the desktop, the experience is so antiquated it means any accessibility people expect from a website now is non-existent. I am saying this all as a web developer, UX/UI designer for over three decades. 

I love buying from em, but it is a messy experience that does more to turn away new users and is long overdue for a massive revamp to get it up to standards.

Edited by Sauce Dog