• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC announces changes to label notations, see what remains?
20 20

634 posts in this topic

On 5/27/2022 at 4:11 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

CGC seems to jump the shark every month, but this $25 paywall is really something special....

All its done is make graders notes less available for me to look up

Don't know as many people who have a membership 

On 5/27/2022 at 7:32 PM, skypinkblu said:

I would guess that mycomicshop is one of them and when Conan posted he certainly did not seem overjoyed. ...Thank you @mycomicshop I will remain a customer and please give Steve my best

As for grader's notes. If I ever sell books I am going to try to remember to post the notes...if I forget REMIND me...I hope others listing on the forums do the same.

(thumbsu

That's actually how I learned about the limit on queries that could be done - trying to prepare a sales thread and thought it would save prospective buyers the hassle of looking them up.

I can see CGC's concern about protecting intellectual capital by stopping someone from mass harvesting data, but the lookup limit needs to be raised from 12-15 per session (which seems to be the current limit).

-bc

Edited by bc
clarificationism

On 5/27/2022 at 7:42 PM, bc said:

(thumbsu

That's actually how I learned about the limit on queries that could be done - trying to prepare a sales thread and thought it would save prospective buyers the hassle of looking them up.

I can see CGC's concern about protecting intellectual capital by stopping someone from mass harvesting data, but the lookup limit needs to be raised from 12-15 per session.

-bc

Is that all it is? I guess I'm slow, I type in the numbers, so I've never seen the notice.

On 5/27/2022 at 7:44 PM, skypinkblu said:

Is that all it is? I guess I'm slow, I type in the numbers, so I've never seen the notice.

Back on page 6:

image.thumb.png.443fc5f63dc35d22fde920942a39413e.png

-bc

On 5/27/2022 at 6:49 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

So is proactive disclosure the standard going forward?

Probably from before now too, just so there is no confusion. With the current slab, If Notes aren't posted in the sale, they'll be looking it up for Notes anyway and not just to see when it was graded. All in the same area so it'll "bother the buyer" regardless if not already posted? idk :shy:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 5/27/2022 at 7:54 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Probably from before now too, just so there is no confusion. With the current slab, If Notes aren't posted in the sale, they'll be looking it up for Notes anyway and not just to see when it was graded. All in the same area so it'll "bother the buyer" regardless if not already posted? idk :shy:

The only time I’ve seen graders notes posted in a sales thread...is when it’s done to show that the book has NCB wear that could be pressed out.

Posted to bolster the sale, not to save the buyer “the bother” of having to look them up themselves.

Edited by THE_BEYONDER

On 5/27/2022 at 7:05 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

The only time I’ve seen graders notes posted in a sales thread...is when it’s done to show that the book has NCB wear that could be pressed out.

Posted to bolster the sale, not to save the buyer “the bother” of having to look them up themselves.

Indeed. Your right about doing it "going forward", I was just clarify not only on new things back from cgc, but also older already owned new label slabs from a year ago. Because if it is the current label and case, anyone looking up the grade date is going to also look up the notes, as you find that info in the same place.

Newer cases from here on out might not have all the info on the label, so because you have to list Notes for newer stuff, presumably you have to for older too. In order to avoid confusion if it has the new label even though was graded a year ago? 

Lol

Wish I could have shortened that sentence hahahaa

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 5/27/2022 at 8:05 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

I've posted them before and I posted some yesterday. Some of the notes surprised me...I had no idea that they stopped noting rusty staples...I should have known. I've seen others post them, so while I'm sure you have a point, maybe don't paint everyone with the same brush :foryou:

On 5/27/2022 at 8:19 PM, skypinkblu said:
On 5/27/2022 at 8:05 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

I've posted them before and I posted some yesterday. Some of the notes surprised me...I had no idea that they stopped noting rusty staples...I should have known. I've seen others post them, so while I'm sure you have a point, maybe don't paint everyone with the same brush :foryou:

“The only time I’ve seen....”

Clearly I missed your sales thread :foryou:

On 5/27/2022 at 8:27 PM, KCOComics said:

Yes, I also appreciated @mycomicshop and their response. 

MCS has consistently gone above and beyond to be open, transparent and have a dialog. They've been an active and prominent member of this community.  Thier customer service is incredible. They are open to feedback and address criticism head on. They are a company I have used many times and I will countiue to use, because they have worked to establish trust. 

Trust, integrity, ethics, honesty, transparency... It's really all customers are looking for. 

And soon....

71ADCFC0-D5F7-4681-8CC1-048698E66DC6.webp.6994b103a3a97acc34aef36db822cb87.webp