• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC announces changes to label notations, see what remains?
20 20

634 posts in this topic

On 5/29/2022 at 12:08 PM, bc said:

basic follow up test:

image.png.d6bd6a71bed9822043cba574215dd6e3.png

took me longer to download a QR reader on my phone than it did to create it.

-bc

Curiosity got the better of me, so I had to see what it pointed to......and it works perfectly.

Which means CGC could implement something like this easily and with very little expense......and it would actually better their service/product for their customers.

I think that just goes to show that hiding the grader notes behind a paywall is just another scummy money grab. 

Do better CGC.......your loyal customers deserve better than what you're doing. :facepalm:

On 5/29/2022 at 3:38 PM, Domo Arigato said:

Curiosity got the better of me, so I had to see what it pointed to......and it works perfectly.

Which means CGC could implement something like this easily and with very little expense......and it would actually better their service/product for their customers.

I think that just goes to show that hiding the grader notes behind a paywall is just another scummy money grab. 

Do better CGC.......your loyal customers deserve better than what you're doing. :facepalm:

My wife uses QR codes to sell yarn

But I mean, thats rocket science, right?

On 5/29/2022 at 5:38 PM, Domo Arigato said:

I don't think they want to be known for stealing that exact feature from another grading company, no matter how brilliant it is.

Edited by Sigur Ros

On 5/29/2022 at 5:43 PM, Sigur Ros said:

I don't think they want to be known for stealing that exact feature from another grading company, no matter how brilliant it is.

Let them know we're willing to barter

image.png.5a89c94f3a4b672e69cd488fb8aa92fd.png

On 5/29/2022 at 5:48 PM, JC25427N said:

Let them know we're willing to barter

image.png.5a89c94f3a4b672e69cd488fb8aa92fd.png

You'd probably have to offer something they and their customers want.

I arrived at this world of comic grading fairly recently ... less than a decade ago. At that time, and for years afterwards, I considered CGC a very respectable business. A while back, my opinion of them had started to decline. That opinion has never stopped declining.

This is clearly an unpopular decision. 
But just wait until less than a year from now when some unsuspecting buyer purchases a low grade golden age book and finds out it has pieces missing and a detached centerfold when he cracks it out. Now just wait until the unsuspecting buyer is a YouTuber and it goes viral that CGC intentionally hid key information. 
I want to personally congratulate the leadership team at CGC. It would have been difficult to make a worse decision. Kudos. 

CF011E9D-56E9-43A2-A577-8A9406B98372.jpeg

On 5/30/2022 at 5:53 PM, Red84 said:

This is clearly an unpopular decision. 
But just wait until less than a year from now when some unsuspecting buyer purchases a low grade golden age book and finds out it has pieces missing and a detached centerfold when he cracks it out. Now just wait until the unsuspecting buyer is a YouTuber and it goes viral that CGC intentionally hid key information. 
I want to personally congratulate the leadership team at CGC. It would have been difficult to make a worse decision. Kudos. 

CF011E9D-56E9-43A2-A577-8A9406B98372.jpeg

Where was the poll conducted? 

I was thinking about starting one in comics general. But I would like to make it very straightforward. Do you agree, yes or no?