• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone have their metal Charizard/Pikachu Graded yet?
4 4

191 posts in this topic

On 1/23/2023 at 4:51 PM, Mittens said:

My reholder for my metal Pokemons has finally changed from received which it had been sitting at forever to grading/quality control 

Did you have them already graded and sent them back in to be put in new holder? If I understand right?

On 1/23/2023 at 1:51 PM, Mittens said:

My reholder for my metal Pokemons has finally changed from received which it had been sitting at forever to grading/quality control 

I sent my metal card in for grading awhile ago and mine also moved to "grading/quality control". SUPER excited 🙏

On 1/23/2023 at 3:46 PM, Cameron Lopez said:

I sent my metal card in for grading awhile ago and mine also moved to "grading/quality control". SUPER excited 🙏

Can confirm the new slab is real, got notice of my shipment this afternoon and the images in the registry show that exact slab. 

On 1/24/2023 at 10:01 AM, William1759 said:

Did you have them already graded and sent them back in to be put in new holder? If I understand right?

yeah thats correct, i had 9.5 zard an pika. and 3 9 charizards, and the cases i got the first time were horrendous they were sliding around everywhere. they just went to shipped for me today 

never use cgc again in my life, i sent mine to get reholdered because their first lot of slabs were absolute garbage, and now every single one of my grades has dropped. so they do terrible QC damage your cards and just grade them lower and send them back. dont contact you or anything 

• Administrator
On 1/22/2023 at 4:39 PM, HomeGrownPoke1 said:

Gotta be CGC employees

CGC employees would be fired immediately for such an offense as they are not allowed to do such a thing. 

The first batch of these was done over the last couple of weeks using cards submitted by our largest dealers who understood that they were partaking in the final round of testing and would provide their feedback on the holder. We are happy to announce that it went well, and we are once again accepting these cards for grading!

We apologize for the delay. It took far longer than expected, but we hope everyone will be happy with the final result. 

image.jpeg

Thank you, 

Paul 

• Administrator
On 1/24/2023 at 8:36 PM, Mittens said:

never use cgc again in my life, i sent mine to get reholdered because their first lot of slabs were absolute garbage, and now every single one of my grades has dropped. so they do terrible QC damage your cards and just grade them lower and send them back. dont contact you or anything 

I am very sorry for these issues. I will reach out to you via email to see if there is something we can do for you.

Thanks,

Paul

• Administrator
On 1/24/2023 at 8:45 PM, Mittens said:

This was the horrid first job, to me the damage to my cards and my grades lowering is 100% on them, but don't even contact you just send you back cards with a lower grade, and give you the middle finger. 

I sent you an email about this. I apologize that these cards were damaged in shipping. 

Everyone else, please note that this was an earlier style of holder that was only used for a very short while because the cards could move if mishandled while shipping back to the customer. The new holders eliminate any of these issues.

Paul

On 1/25/2023 at 10:45 AM, PaulS. said:

CGC employees would be fired immediately for such an offense as they are not allowed to do such a thing. 

The first batch of these was done over the last couple of weeks using cards submitted by our largest dealers who understood that they were partaking in the final round of testing and would provide their feedback on the holder. We are happy to announce that it went well, and we are once again accepting these cards for grading!

We apologize for the delay. It took far longer than expected, but we hope everyone will be happy with the final result. 

image.jpeg

Thank you, 

Paul 

So everyone's cards that had been previously submitted are now being scheduled to be encased & sent back to us? Thank you for your time & updates..

• Administrator
On 1/25/2023 at 2:35 PM, V8Racer210 said:

So everyone's cards that had been previously submitted are now being scheduled to be encased & sent back to us? Thank you for your time & updates..

Absolutely! We're working through all of those now.

Thanks,

Paul

On 1/25/2023 at 8:45 AM, PaulS. said:

image.jpeg

Thank you, 

Paul 

Paul do you know if the encapsulation will be done in order? Oldest to newest? My sub was received 2/22/22, or if there is any type of price adjust since orders were sent in higher tiers?

Thanks.

On 1/25/2023 at 8:45 AM, PaulS. said:

image.jpeg

Thank you, 

Paul 

Thanks Paul!

Just went to check and the submission form and it still isn't  showing the Pikachu and Charizard metal cards, but the Arceus ones do show up. Could just be a timing issue and they will appear soon but wanted to let you know.

• Administrator
On 1/25/2023 at 2:38 PM, chaoticcow said:

Paul do you know if the encapsulation will be done in order? Oldest to newest? My sub was received 2/22/22, or if there is any type of price adjust since orders were sent in higher tiers?

Thanks.

We are doing the best we can to complete everything by tier and date received. 

Thank you,

Paul

• Administrator
On 1/25/2023 at 2:56 PM, SnorlaxCollective said:

Thanks Paul!

Just went to check and the submission form and it still isn't  showing the Pikachu and Charizard metal cards, but the Arceus ones do show up. Could just be a timing issue and they will appear soon but wanted to let you know.

Thanks for the heads up. I just unblocked them in our internal systems this morning, so it might take a day for them to be back on the form.

Paul

On 1/25/2023 at 11:45 AM, PaulS. said:

image.jpeg

Thank you, 

Paul 

Hey Paul, 

I'm curious for some reason my metal cards were graded and sent back without a case back in November. I left them exactly how they were sent to me(sleeved and in a semi rigid). I paid full price to have them graded but received no kind of discount to have them shipped back without a case. I did not request them be to sent back like this either. How do I go about getting them encapsulated? I would assume I would resubmit as a reholder? Also, I would be kind of annoyed to have to pay the reholder cost considering I already paid to have them graded and encapsulated the first time. Any information would be appreciated, thank you. 

Edited by Jamoore16

• Administrator
On 1/31/2023 at 6:48 PM, Jamoore16 said:

Hey Paul, 

I'm curious for some reason my metal cards were graded and sent back without a case back in November. I left them exactly how they were sent to me(sleeved and in a semi rigid). I paid full price to have them graded but received no kind of discount to have them shipped back without a case. I did not request them be to sent back like this either. How do I go about getting them encapsulated? I would assume I would resubmit as a reholder? Also, I would be kind of annoyed to have to pay the reholder cost considering I already paid to have them graded and encapsulated the first time. Any information would be appreciated, thank you. 

Hello,

Great question! I just looked up your submission. Lines 2 and 4 were deemed too brittle to holder. The ink on the Celebrations Metal cards sometimes comes flaky around the edges. If the graders see a flaky portion like on your cards, they consider it NC or Not Suitable for Certification, and it is returned raw. You should be credited back your fees as well. Please email customer service to confirm the fees for those two cards were credited.

Thanks,

Paul

On 2/1/2023 at 8:08 AM, PaulS. said:

Hello,

Great question! I just looked up your submission. Lines 2 and 4 were deemed too brittle to holder. The ink on the Celebrations Metal cards sometimes comes flaky around the edges. If the graders see a flaky portion like on your cards, they consider it NC or Not Suitable for Certification, and it is returned raw. You should be credited back your fees as well. Please email customer service to confirm the fees for those two cards were credited.

Thanks,

Paul

Right that's fine. I understand that. However, the other two that did receive grades were shipped back the same way. 

• Administrator
On 2/1/2023 at 10:07 AM, Jamoore16 said:

Right that's fine. I understand that. However, the other two that did receive grades were shipped back the same way. 

That's strange. Please DM me and we can figure it out.

Paul