• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's your progress on 2022 CGC signings?
13 13

951 posts in this topic

Hi - I don't know if a thread with this topic is out there but I didn't see one. 

It seems that with all the signings going on and the huge numbers of submissions that grading those submissions has slowed down. It seems, too, that the six-week turnaround for getting them pressed has also increased. I'm not sure. Without a status table like what Clan McDonald has for their CBCS service (they don't do CGC), it's hard to know where progress is. I'm patient but at the same time, it's a lot of money to be tied up v

So, feel free to list who you submitted items for and if the status has changed for you, if you have the books returned to you or if you're like me and waiting on quite a few. Here goes:

Francesco Mattina and Lee Bermejo - I submitted these to Agents of Slabs and they were severely delayed during the height of the pandemic and European travel and shipping restrictions (no fault of Agents of Slabs). They arrived at CGC on 11/03/2022 and the status is still "Received by CCS." These were not Fast Tracked and the ones that didn't need pressing have been returned to me (and I'm very happy with Agents of Slabs' service). 

Jerry Bingham - I submitted 2 books, received/checked in by CGC on 04/01/22 (magazine sized - the Son of the Demon paperbacks) and the status is still "Received by CCS."

Brian Michael Bendis - I submitted 5 books for SS and CCS, which arrived 02/27/2022 and received them o/a Friday, May 27.

Mark Bagley - I submitted 3 books with the Bendis books on 02/27/2022 and the status is still "Received by CCS." 

Chris Claremont - I submitted 3 books and the status is still "Received by CCS."

Marv Wolfman - I submitted 8 comics, arriving 04/08/2022 and the status is still "Received by CCS."

The Tynon, Dell-Edera, Simmonds and Martinez Bueno - I submitted 12 comics across them, arriving 04/21/2022 and the status is still "Received by CCS."

Adam Hughes - I submitted 12 books to Agents of Slabs, who in turn secured the signatures and pressed the books, submitted them and CGC/CCS checked them in on 04/08/2022, and today (05/31/2022) the status changed to "Grading/Encapsulation." Mind you this was NOT Fast Tracked. 

Joshua Williamson and Jock - I submitted 17 books that were checked in today and of course they're not signed yet. 

What about you? Are you receiving your books back from these fine and other fine creators yet?

Nothing wrong with a thread like this, and I think it will be helpful generally.

HOWEVER, one thing to note is that most signings take place AT LEAST 2-3 months after the submission cutoff date.  And even then, depending on the circumstances of the signing, it could be a week or more before a given signed book is back at CGC to be processed (whether thats pressing, grading, or both). 

Which is not to say CGC hasn't slowed down or can't be more communicative or transparent, they can and should be.

So for most submissions with cutoff dates after February, I'd say it would be VERY unlikely that you'd have your book back yet, even at normal non-delayed speeds.

Thank you for providing this. 

I emailed AOS about the private signing on 2/19 and was informed the books were still in Europe. Followed up on 5/24 and still awaiting an answer.....  Since you got your back, I wonder where mine are....

On 6/1/2022 at 12:23 PM, revat said:

Nothing wrong with a thread like this, and I think it will be helpful generally.

HOWEVER, one thing to note is that most signings take place AT LEAST 2-3 months after the submission cutoff date.  And even then, depending on the circumstances of the signing, it could be a week or more before a given signed book is back at CGC to be processed (whether thats pressing, grading, or both). 

Which is not to say CGC hasn't slowed down or can't be more communicative or transparent, they can and should be.

So for most submissions with cutoff dates after February, I'd say it would be VERY unlikely that you'd have your book back yet, even at normal non-delayed speeds.

Thanks, that's good to know. 

On 6/1/2022 at 3:18 PM, viper2x21 said:

Thank you for providing this. 

I emailed AOS about the private signing on 2/19 and was informed the books were still in Europe. Followed up on 5/24 and still awaiting an answer.....  Since you got your back, I wonder where mine are....

I know AoS's email replies always say you can call. I get the gist that's their preferred way of doing things - give it a try?

Terry Austin:

Submitted beginning of January for end of January deadline.  Signing was on 3/1, got it back a week ago.  So, 3 months after signing (pressing included).

I just got my pressed/signed/graded Claremont books back the other day.

My Starlin and Salicrup books are still sitting at CGC.  I just read a post from an administrator that said they don't even have a date for the Starlin signing yet.

My books for the Cowan, Lee, and Milgrom signings just got delivered to CGC today.

On 6/8/2022 at 3:07 PM, Consequences said:

I just got my pressed/signed/graded Claremont books back the other day.

My Starlin and Salicrup books are still sitting at CGC.  I just read a post from an administrator that said they don't even have a date for the Starlin signing yet.

My books for the Cowan, Lee, and Milgrom signings just got delivered to CGC today.

I'm glad to hear that the Claremont books with a press are making their way back.  I am waiting on 6 that I'm really excited for (3 of which are from my childhood collection).

On 6/9/2022 at 12:12 AM, LudaToke said:

I'm glad to hear that the Claremont books with a press are making their way back.  I am waiting on 6 that I'm really excited for (3 of which are from my childhood collection).

My X-Men 142 went from 6.0 to 8.5 after pressing.

My 141 went from 6.0 to 6.0.

Got my Claremont's back 2-3 weeks ago.

Tynion / Dell'edera shipment just showed up Thursday.

My Perez books redirected to Wolfman...only show Received.

Since CGC is not going to HeroesCon (come ON!!), I'm going to be sending a number of  books in for Roy Thomas, instead of getting them done in person. Sure, I have stuff to be signed, but w/o CGC there, I am not willing to try to open slabs, so will stick with raw stuff, and probably make do with Voldy - which is NOT my preference.

Seriously though. Steranko, Claremont, Bagley, Thomas, Conner, the Simonsons, etc etc etc... this should have been on CGC's schedule.

Edited by Sackolantern

The Dixon/Nolan signing doesn't appear to be on the schedule anytime soon. My book was received back in February for it and has sat there since in 'Received at CCS' status.  The submission# isn't even indexed so I can't click on it to see any details which is very odd.  That signing doesn't seem to be getting any attention on the boards here. There isn't even a pinned post in the SigSeries Event Central forum like there are for other signings. The event was clearly announced, but, out of curiosity, what are the requirements for having signings listed in that section?

On 6/21/2022 at 10:06 AM, J Bill said:

The Dixon/Nolan signing doesn't appear to be on the schedule anytime soon. My book was received back in February for it and has sat there since in 'Received at CCS' status.  The submission# isn't even indexed so I can't click on it to see any details which is very odd.  That signing doesn't seem to be getting any attention on the boards here. There isn't even a pinned post in the SigSeries Event Central forum like there are for other signings. The event was clearly announced, but, out of curiosity, what are the requirements for having signings listed in that section?

I agree with you that the Dixon/Nolan signing is odd.  CGC has scrubbed all mention of it from their events page and as you noted they never put up a pinned post. It's odd that this event cannot be found if you search "past events".

It doesn't matter that you sent your books in February, the deadline was April 1st. Even then it doesn't matter what the deadline is, since it depends on the signing date which we have no ETA when we send the books in.

Also, typically submission #'s are not indexed until they are SFG (occasionally it will happen earlier but that seems to be for "special" circumstances). As of right now I have 10 submissions in for in-house signings and only SFG are indexed.

George Perez - long story short, moved to Modern service & Scheduled for Grading status 4/21. I thought they were expediting these, but 40 working days later, I expect to be on the current 80 working days TAT

Michael Golden - returned yesterday, have yet to see what came back

Jim Starlin - Received at CCS, and appreciate the updates saying he's not signed yet

Additional comics going to CGC for Jim Lee, Al Milgrom and Elizabeth Olsen signings.