• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Economy Tier Turnaround Rates
11 11

824 posts in this topic

I had a 48 book order of economies broken into 2 submissions (25 & 23) which were submitted on my behalf by a presser.  These were delivered to CGC on 4/11/22 and received by CGC 4/14/22.  Both submissions shipped back to me yesterday 1/12/2023.  Sorry I jumped in front of a few people...:(

Interesting that the shipments are coming back FedEx.  I thought that submissions submitted before the FedEx changeover would ship back USPS registered.  But so far I've been pleased with FedEx delivery of comics to me.

Well snap!

My received 3/14/22 went to qc an hour before closing but didn't ship.

I called (of course) since customer service stays open till 8pm eastern, and they even said, "it is finalized on their end!"  :(

I tried asking if that meant I could get the grades or if it would wind up finalized on my end today? They said no and maybe lol

So I have to wait until Monday, which they're working during the holiday, even though usps or some carriers are closed  :cheers:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 1/13/2023 at 6:35 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Well snap!

My received 3/14/22 went to qc an hour before closing but didn't ship.

I called (of course) since customer service stays open till 8pm eastern, and they even said, "it is finalized on their end!"  :(

I tried asking if that meant I could get the grades or if it would wind up finalized on my end today? They said no and maybe lol

So I have to wait until Monday, which they're working during the holiday, even though usps or some carriers are closed  :cheers:

The waiting is the hardest part, waiting to see one more card, you take in Faith you take it to the heart; The Waiting is the Hardest Part!

Well I'll type anew.

A cus rep.who cared last Thursday did the business day calculator, and since estimated was #175 days and mine had been #205 days (7weeks almost past estimated) she did a push email that got cgc attention and by Friday it was at QC.

Long weekend and they didn't ship today, which is fine, I even called back to thank her personally for doing her job with care. 

I also wanted to thank her because since that push email, the econ slow estimate has since dropped another 10 days! That is no longer with 2 months that is 8+ weeks. I put this in her critique email they send. I just hope someone higher up realizes Loraine is a good egg, #dontblameloraine.

It's a tough job customer service as @CGC Mike can attest. The others, while joyful, don't come off as sincere when only one takes the time to do a push to make sure they're found and accounted for. :shy:

On 1/13/2023 at 1:13 PM, Key Largo Comics said:

3/7 to G/QC today :banana:

Screen Shot 2023-01-13 at 2.11.44 PM.png

So this was Friday same as mine, by some miracle mine might ship as well. Hope your grades were worth the wait? Did you press? With cgc?

On 1/17/2023 at 3:17 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

So this was Friday same as mine, by some miracle mine might ship as well. Hope your grades were worth the wait? Did you press? With cgc?

I've been doing my own pressing for about a year. This was my first self-pressed economy submission. Pretty happy overall. Got improvement on all but the X-Men 10 which i had at a 4.0. Will have to see what went wrong on that one.

Screen Shot 2023-01-17 at 4.32.42 PM.png

Edited by Key Largo Comics

On 1/17/2023 at 3:36 PM, Key Largo Comics said:

I've been doing my own pressing for about a year. This was my first self-pressed economy submission. Pretty happy overall.Got improvement on all but the X-Men 10 which i had at a 4.0. Will have to see what went wrong on that one.

Ah no worries, I didn't press with cgc either, really didn't press at all in my case, but most importantly, I could have sworn April econ slow had shipped for others?

So I was wondering why mine hadn't,  but thanks for posting, as yours was longer than mine. 20 minutes left to see if mine at qc received 3/14 ships today.

Edited by ADAMANTIUM