• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Box was Opened from Bottom, 3 items  stolen from my 25 CGC comic shipment.
5 5

42 posts in this topic

On 6/29/2022 at 2:29 PM, Dr. Balls said:

Peanut Butter, bacon, mayo, pickle and grilled onions sounds SUPER weird. But it's works. Hard to get people to take that leap, but I'm telling you - it's practically zero regret if you just open your mouth and stuff it in there.

Take off the mayo and I am down.  If I every make it to Montana I will certainly try one.

And pineapple on pizza is delicious @theCapraAegagruslol

On 6/29/2022 at 1:40 PM, Crops068 said:

I do not eat pineapple on a pizza BUT I know why people do. That whole sweet-fruity-tomato-zingy flavor works.

On 6/29/2022 at 2:42 PM, Dr. Balls said:
On 6/29/2022 at 2:40 PM, Crops068 said:

I do not eat pineapple on a pizza BUT I know why people do. That whole sweet-fruity-tomato-zingy flavor works.

One of the weird things my mom passed on to me I guess.  Either way, I enjoy it.  People eat all sorts of weird stuff that I have no intention of eating but hey.  To each their own. <3

She had a "marinade" that used crunchy peanut butter for chicken.  Never forget the look on my middle brother's face when she pulled that rabbit out of the hat.  Or meatballs/cocktail weenies in the crockpot for a party with grape jelly as part of the sauce.

As for FedEx, if it is Ground all they do is kick packages from one stop to the next.  In a lot of cases Ground is generally a contracted "employee" not a true FedEx employee, they bid for routes.  Air have routes assigned to them and are normally and actual FedEx employee.  At least that was my experience when I worked retail many moons ago.

On 6/29/2022 at 1:55 PM, Crops068 said:

In a lot of cases Ground is generally a contracted "employee" not a true FedEx employee, they bid for routes.  Air have routes assigned to them and are normally and actual FedEx employee.  At least that was my experience when I worked retail many moons ago.

Yeah, that’s how it’s structured here with Ground - I didn’t know that about Air, so that makes sense.

Since I moved here three years ago, I've had Fed Ex and UPS delivered to three different addresses. For two years, even through covid , I had the same driver every day, but recently it is a different guy every time. 

On 6/29/2022 at 5:06 PM, Dr. Balls said:
On 6/29/2022 at 2:55 PM, Crops068 said:

In a lot of cases Ground is generally a contracted "employee" not a true FedEx employee, they bid for routes.  Air have routes assigned to them and are normally and actual FedEx employee.  At least that was my experience when I worked retail many moons ago.

Yeah, that’s how it’s structured here with Ground - I didn’t know that about Air, so that makes sense.

Yup, we had the same Air rep for nearly 10yrs when I worked retail.  She was absolutely amazing.  Handled both our morning drop offs in the back of the store and pickups in the front in the afternoons.  Used to run into her all over the place outside of work.

On 6/29/2022 at 7:58 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Is this really that good? I don't know if I have the stones to try such an absolutely odd concoction. It makes me think of pineapple on pizza; An unnatural abomination.

If you tell me that it's that good, though, I'll have to try one...

Pineapple on pizza so yum lol 

On 6/29/2022 at 9:29 PM, Krismusic said:

Pineapple on pizza so yum lol 

Originally I thought the pineapple wasnt cooked but as long as the pizza isnt soggy, it's not bad.

On 6/28/2022 at 9:48 AM, Douglas Sulipa said:

My Box was Opened from Bottom, 3 items  stolen from my 25 CGC comic shipment.

Both CGC and Fed-Ex have higher secure facilities,  so not sure how they did it.

It was done in a big rush, 12 comics out of the Plastic Bags,badly repacked with 50% of Cardboard removed, Outer Box Crushed.

4 CGC Holders were Cracked, with a 5th Holder badly Scratched.

CGC is paying Reholder costs and shipping both ways for the 5 Damaged items, so Kudos for the Top-Notch service.

Sadly, I do not insure my parcels, as this is my ever such issue with CGC or Fed-Ex since they opened for business;

These are the Stolen items;

Super Mario Bros. Special Edition #1 Valiant 1990 CGC 8.0 CGC Registration #4011460010 

Super Mario Bros. #1 Valiant 2/1991 CGC 9.8 CGC Registration #4011460014  (GPA Value $900)

Super Mario Bros. #1 Valiant 2/1991 CGC 9.6 CGC Registration #4011460015  (GPA Value $450)

If anyone sees these 3 CGC Registration numbers, let me know;

I'm sorry to hear this, Doug.  Hope it gets sorted out.  I'll keep an eye out for those books.  (thumbsu

The peanut butter thing makes sense. For instance, I love peanut sauce used in Vietnamese cooking (among others). Peanuts have a savory quality. I would try this burger!

I can definitely enjoy a pineapple/ham or pineapple/bacon pizza. The pineapple just adds a sweetness similar to what you'd taste with a honey glazed ham, or something like that.

Anyway, sorry to derail Doug's thread, hope the books show up! FedEx is the pits.