• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paid for a book on CLink Exchange, we never get the book - shows up for sale on the Boards
10 10

164 posts in this topic

The whole point of professional consigners like C-Link and Omaha is that a buyer doesn't have to trust an anonymous seller. This is 100% a CLink and Omaha problem. The entire job of consigner exists to make sure your problem can't happen...but here we are. C-Link and Omaha both dropped the ball and are both in a position to make this right and both seem to be passing the buck. The job of a middle-man is to stand in the middle and take a cut when things go right and take the blame when things go wrong...or else what are they being paid for?

This is bad. CLink needs to refund you AND send you a copy of this book if they expect to have a decent reputation.

They're supposed to be middle-manning 6 and 7 figure transactions and they can't even handle a 4 figure? No bueno.

edit: I just wanna say that personally, I don't think consigned books should be on the sales forum at all. These accounts are anonymous and free. If the forums allow for anything more complicated than one user selling to another...they're opening Endora's box. Maybe make a separate forum for just that kinda thing but allowing consignment is creating a scenario where fraud can happen and the only person a buyer actually interacted with can just say "wasn't me". Shaggy was not an effective customer service rep.

artworks-t4t34mxvSBeILDjY-ULtPbQ-t500x500.jpg.02d203d5b99238ea61a9da1b42fa44a1.jpg

Edited by Sam T

On 7/11/2022 at 2:32 PM, Dr. Balls said:

In dealing with various auction places, I see that a real effective solution to ComicLink's issue with the exchange is to insure and store all consignment books on site like the other guys. But, that comes with it's own set of problems and procedures and it might be like you said: too costly to change a broken process.

Having books in hand is the best approach if your business goal is to strengthen buyer's trust.

On 7/12/2022 at 3:37 PM, Dr. Balls said:

Update: Received our check from ComicLink and deposited. I would encourage everyone who had to read about this donkey flogging waste of time weigh in on the CGC Board poll about sellers having to disclose if they have a consigned book in-hand in sales threads (it will help make OUR sales threads continue to be one of the best places to buy books):

That poll can be found here.

Thanks to everyone for sympathy and words of encouragement in the thread. We are off to find another Chamber of Chills 19. :headbang:

Totally off topic, but I remember seeing that book on Craigslist (nice copy not graded) about 10 or 15 years ago for a few hundred. Just blows me away how much books appreciated since those days. Could have loaded up on so many for a relative song.

Edited by bronze_rules