• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C2E2 Variant Drama
24 24

4,556 posts in this topic

On 8/9/2022 at 8:56 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Of the Action Comics  ZERO...

I have the only Sketch 9.8 and submitted it myself. 

20220809_205142.jpg.4132c7e9348430cae6083e64dba87159.jpg

The Tec 27 Sketch on the other hand has 16 in 9.9 out of 24 graded so someone obviously paid for those.. 20220809_205311.thumb.jpg.1f904e4bab468353caa9b0cb3b94e9a4.jpg

Thanks for doing the legwork.  I’ll admit I thought the answer would be zero for any similarly constructed comic.

On 8/9/2022 at 9:00 PM, Bob Sacamano said:

Thanks for doing the legwork.  I’ll admit I thought the answer would be zero for any similarly constructed comic.

No worries.  I still had the searches saved . The main reason I think the Tec actually had so many were some were sent directly from the CON by dealers.

Almost all of the rest were just sold raw and taken by those who attended.  I bought a couple of each from someone who attended and sent those in later. Sold the Tec a while back but still have the AC1. 

Actually the Acetate covers are a little easier to preserve from damage with one exception.  Scuffing / Scratches.  I can understand why they are usually high grade or BAD... 

On 8/9/2022 at 8:59 PM, williamblood said:

@CGC Mikejust so i have this right, if i get a raw book thats fine condition at best and have cover artist sign and doodle on an acetate cover, i can staple that to book and get a blue label and maybe even a 10.0

Out of this whole situation and fiasco that CGC has created for themselves along with Black Flag, I do feel bad for @CGC Mike. He has been such a good dude on the forums the little bit of time I have been on here and he can only say so much without getting himself into any trouble.

More than anything, it will be interesting to see which approach Marvel takes here. If they do allow this to pass, then you will see a lot more come out of the wood works to do the same thing if not worse.

I know this situation was the last straw for many that will dissuade people now from sending their books in to be graded. I am still at a loss after sharing a spreadsheet with @CGC Mike a few weeks ago on books that were not graded correctly from past submissions the last few months that I don't think anything has changed from our feedback. For example, I had a bunch of books submitted and graded a 2 weeks ago, with a few getting 9.4. Why are we not getting grader notes for books that are getting even lower than a 9.6? Now that you guys also added the QR code, it is a real shame. To add to this, all of my books in that last submission, not one lick of grader notes yet again.

On 8/9/2022 at 9:16 PM, captainzombie said:

I had a bunch of books submitted and graded a 2 weeks ago, with a few getting 9.4. Why are we not getting grader notes for books that are getting even lower than a 9.6? Now that you guys also added the QR code, it is a real shame. To add to this, all of my books in that last submission, not one lick of grader notes yet again.

You have to pay extra for your books to go into the FLIPPER que and negotiate a price for preset grades. 

I keep asking maybe one day they will tell me.

@CGC Mike

How much is it for a CGC 10 & 9.9?

On 8/9/2022 at 9:16 PM, captainzombie said:

Out of this whole situation and fiasco that CGC has created for themselves along with Black Flag, I do feel bad for @CGC Mike. He has been such a good dude on the forums the little bit of time I have been on here and he can only say so much without getting himself into any trouble.

More than anything, it will be interesting to see which approach Marvel takes here. If they do allow this to pass, then you will see a lot more come out of the wood works to do the same thing if not worse.

I know this situation was the last straw for many that will dissuade people now from sending their books in to be graded. I am still at a loss after sharing a spreadsheet with @CGC Mike a few weeks ago on books that were not graded correctly from past submissions the last few months that I don't think anything has changed from our feedback. For example, I had a bunch of books submitted and graded a 2 weeks ago, with a few getting 9.4. Why are we not getting grader notes for books that are getting even lower than a 9.6? Now that you guys also added the QR code, it is a real shame. To add to this, all of my books in that last submission, not one lick of grader notes yet again.

That used to be the standard.  Now to improve “efficiency “ no doubt, they probably only list large defects.  How many are graded 9.4/9.2 and above?  I bet they can eliminate 50% of their graders notes and increase throughput.  All about the bottom line.