• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C2E2 Variant Drama
24 24

4,556 posts in this topic

On 8/10/2022 at 12:13 PM, Ninja0215 said:

I like CGC and I'm gonna continue to send them book but someone has to own up to this. 

I really like CGC's services. But my book submissions are all in question because they can't get a handle on TATs and make moves like this. I mean, they shoved everyone's books aside to do these books. I have to question their strategies of how they are going to increase their production when they are thinking *this* was a smart move on their part.

On 8/10/2022 at 2:21 PM, Dr. Balls said:

I really like CGC's services. But my book submissions are all in question because they can't get a handle on TATs and make moves like this. I mean, they shoved everyone's books aside to do these books. I have to question their strategies of how they are going to increase their production when they are thinking *this* was a smart move on their part.

Bazinga!

On 8/10/2022 at 12:07 PM, justafan said:

The key difference here is chik-fil-a advertises their app and it's free to download and use.  Every chik-fil-A customer has access to the app and can do the same thing.  You can choose not to use the app.  It would be like saying every convention attendee had access to a Black Flag app that they could have been allowed to purchase the con exclusive ahead of the con opening but that also granted them early access to the con to pick up their items without having to wait in line. 

If everyone attending the con who wanted the hideous UF4 acetate bootleg "knew" that they could just make a side deal with Black Flag before the con and could actually get access to the booth before the doors opened (he began selling to the alleged line cutter "influencers" 15 min prior to the doors opening to the public but while a bunch of exhibitors and VIPs were still in line) to buy in bulk, don't you think many would have opted to do that, too?  No, Black Flag and the side-deal hustlers are not off the hook on this one.  BIG PROBLEM for them and any convention promoter and dealer planning to do exclusives in the future.  This should be a valuable lesson to be learned by them.

Should exhibitors and influencers and people who are in the building get to line-up and purchase exclusives and limited items before it opens to the general public?  Isn't the purpose of these shows to sell to the general public?  And I understand that it's hard to police, and some of these sellers are more than happy to sell and may not sell out without selling to exhibitors and influencers. 

Certainly when an exhibitor/influencer buys up 75 copies of a book and many people waiting in-line miss out it's certainly not a good look.  And if that exhibitor/influencer is buying most of those copies for other exhibitors/influencers who aren't at the front of that line isn't that a form of line cutting?  

On 8/10/2022 at 12:21 PM, jsilverjanet said:

@NewWorldOrder this proves your point, and Ninja is not alone.

nothing has changed

It kind of changed for me - I mean, I have a 6" stack of books I want to send in, but not getting them back for two years? And now this shows that they are too busy "manufacturing" graded books to get to the books I want to send in? I'm not a big player, I'm just some schlubb with a stack of PCH books I want graded and this episode isn't giving me confidence that they will work out the TATs and get moving again.

On 8/10/2022 at 2:27 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

I made it 15 seconds...

Can you give me the coles notes?  I can’t take another video...

Edited by THE_BEYONDER

On 8/10/2022 at 2:31 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

I made it 15 seconds...

Can you give me the coles notes?  I can’t take another influencer video....

Lazy.  It's only 150 seconds long.
TL;DW: eBay took down his BlackFlag counterfeit comic listing. 

On 8/10/2022 at 11:07 AM, DrunkWooky said:

Good guy, Chip Gettler donating all his ebay auction to Mission 22, a military charity:

https://youtu.be/olhVNXcK5jw

But, Ebay stated that the item violated the Counterfeit Item Policy. "They received a report regarding its authenticity." 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4G7L_Gquv4

That was me (and probably others). I referenced marvels statement in the report. I did it on every open listing. I encourage others to follow suit if any new listings emerge.