• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C2E2 Variant Drama
24 24

4,556 posts in this topic

On 8/11/2022 at 6:50 AM, Ryan. said:

If you and I text each other while standing near the Blag Flack booth, does that qualify us enough as influencers to buy ten copies of their Acetate Comics #1?

This post has influenced me to take a break from this thread 🙏

edit: it didn't work, boooo 😭

Edited by KirbyTown
let me outttt

On 8/11/2022 at 7:57 AM, MGH said:

Individual one off drawing, every one of them for individual requests

They aren't drawing one artwork , calling it a day, sending it to the printer, attaching it to someone else's IP with intent doing so will generate more income  when they sell the majority of them in open  market 

1) You can buy pre-dawn sketches. 

2) Sketches very often cost more.... "generate more income". 

3) Are you saying if each cover had something different about it then no uproar?   I would disagree with that. 

On 8/11/2022 at 8:02 PM, Sigur Ros said:

1) You can buy pre-dawn sketches. 

2) Sketches very often cost more.... "generate more income". 

3) Are you saying if each cover had something different about it then no uproar?   I would disagree with that. 

They are not bulk printed... They are one off and they are understood as being one of art pieces by an artist with nothing to do with the published piece.   If they were to mass produce the owner of original IP is able  to ask ( or litigate) for licensing fees or order cease and desist 

Look.. I didn't write the laws or case  precedent but that's how it is and you can look it up if you don't believe anyone here. 

Edit :  I only know from copping this before from  what seemed out  of nowhere but in hindsight made sense 

Edited by MGH

On 8/11/2022 at 8:17 AM, WolverineX said:

TLDR version of the last 24 hrs please.  I can't keep up...

1. CGC still hasn't spoken further. 
  2. Guys are still @'ing each other. 
  3. There is an unusually large population of "lawyers" here. 

@kavhow long until someone whips out their transcripts?

Doctrine of first sale. Marvel loses their ability to control the Books once they sell them. If I want to staple an acetate of myself laughing at miles holding the mask, legally I can. Marvel can sue, they’ll lose in court. However, I may be in violation of the contract I signed with marvel. Then it’s tort not ip law (call someone else, ip and anti-trust are my areas). This all comes down to a licensing agreement dispute. Not knowing what’s in the document I can’t comment on how that would work out.  

On 8/11/2022 at 8:11 AM, MGH said:

They are not bulk printed..

But they are bulk produced. Is the difference that 750 are drawn and 750 are printed? 

On 8/11/2022 at 8:11 AM, MGH said:

Look.. I didn't write the laws 

I know.  No one here did. 

I'm just saying how I see it.  And I'm not defending the guy.  As I have clearly stated previously.  But all the "he can't do that!", "he should be sweating", yada yada is just forum talk.  No one here knows what's going to happen.

Not sure why a half dozen people care what I say, but they should stop. 

On 8/11/2022 at 8:31 PM, Sigur Ros said:

But they are bulk produced. Is the difference that 750 are drawn and 750 are printed? 

I know.  No one here did. 

I'm just saying how I see it.  And I'm not defending the guy.  As I have clearly stated previously.  But all the "he can't do that!", "he should be sweating", yada yada is just forum talk.  No one here knows what's going to happen.

Not sure why a half dozen people care what I say, but they should stop. 

The way you see it doesn't align with the rules we live under. 

On 8/11/2022 at 8:33 AM, MGH said:

The way you see it doesn't align with the rules we live under. 

Then by all means, spend all your time trying to change my mind.  👌

On 8/11/2022 at 8:35 AM, Dr. Balls said:

WOW... it was one thing when obvious "0 feedback" bidders were getting on this but now... are people relying on this auction being nuked as a "counterfeit" before they have to cancel or retract?  Either way, this gets attention.

Someone clued me in to this thread yesterday, so I thought I’d sit down with my coffee and read through the entire thing.  I only read the first page yesterday and figured I’d catch up today.

Then I realized that I don’t care enough about these shenanigans anyway to waste valuable time I could use for something productive.  It all proves what I’ve been saying for awhile…the comic industry has turned into another money grab, like Disney and the MCU.  I’m of the mindset….what goes around, comes around.

Okay, I’ve got nothing better to do today, so I better get started.  I don’t know where I’m going, but I can’t wait to get there. (thumbsu

Here endeth my opinion.  :shy:

Edited by Galen130