• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C2E2 Variant Drama
24 24

4,556 posts in this topic

On 8/11/2022 at 9:45 AM, jaybuck43 said:

Overstock from which printing?  Hasn't this book been printed multiple times?

Black Flag's old redrawn reprint.

Edited by MrBedrock

On 8/11/2022 at 10:51 AM, MrBedrock said:

I was under the impression that the underlying comic is simply the Ultimate Fallout 4 replica edition that Marvel released in 2019. Many retailers ordered very heavy on that book because of all the demand for product relating to Spider-Man: Into the Multi-verse. Just a simple reprint edition.

It's the Clayton Crain store exclusive Variant sold by Black Flag in November 2021.

Screenshot_20220811-105616_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Sigur Ros

On 8/11/2022 at 9:53 AM, Sigur Ros said:

It's the Clayton Crain store exclusive Variant sold by Black Flag in November 2021.

What is the variation from every other printing that came before?

On 8/11/2022 at 10:56 AM, MrBedrock said:

What is the variation from every other printing that came before?

For specifics you'll have to Google it.  This is a book I've never really had interest in so I couldn't tell you the differences. 

On 8/11/2022 at 9:58 AM, Sigur Ros said:

For specifics you'll have to Google it.  This is a book I've never really had interest in so I couldn't tell you the differences. 

The only thing I can see is maybe a different back cover ad which on this is store specific.

Edited by MrBedrock

On 8/11/2022 at 8:53 AM, Prince Namor said:

We have a lot of arm chair lawyers in this forum. Luckily though, we also have a lot of ACTUAL lawyers. 

I resemble that remark. :baiting:

I'm no lawyer, but I taught a course for a few years on Ethics and Copyright Law at MSU when I was an instructor in their graphic design program.

On 8/11/2022 at 10:06 AM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Clayton Crain basically recreated the original cover in his style for the 2021 Black Flag facsimilie

Oh. Well I learned something new today. I will edit my previous posts.

On 8/11/2022 at 10:33 AM, Sigur Ros said:

Thanks for that response.  I understand their is uncertainty in how this is seen by Marvel and could make a case for either side.  Curious what/if they'll do anything about it. 

I just felt that the seller calling it a "revision" instead of a "variant" didn't do enough to explain what this actually is to the dozens of people who may have lined up for it when they saw a UF4 exclusive.  

When discussion of this book first started, I didn't even notice the addition of the flag, just the stripes on the side and the USA stamp up top. I think Black Flag (or whoever came up with the concept) of a "revision" may be onto something; it's a fresh idea for variants. (We can argue whether it's a good idea or a bad idea, but I think it's fair that it's "fresh.") I wouldn't be surprised if we see, coming out of this, Marvel adopt the idea of acetate revision variants, but with a strict approval process of what they're going to allow those revisions to be. And I imagine they would have to be the ones producing them.