• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C2E2 Variant Drama
24 24

4,556 posts in this topic

On 8/11/2022 at 6:46 PM, Troy Division said:

CGC is not responding because they feel it will 'blow over' just like their [past tense noun / verb] up handling of the 'invisible' comics for Bad Idea.
They are probably figuring out a way to place blame on Black Flag versus accepting they [past tense noun / verb] up one their main duties.  Again.

Hey THIS blew over too... NOT done by Eclipse (who was already out of business), but a retailer. 

s-l1600.jpg

On 8/12/2022 at 12:53 AM, CJ Design said:

I'm still pissed and annoyed of the disrespect of the folded Flag...NO Red or White should be showing. RIP Dad.

If you wrote a letter to MARVEL on your disappointment on this disrespect  on 'their variant' I'm sure you would see repercussions.. 

On 8/11/2022 at 6:53 PM, Black_Adam said:

Not sure why everyone seems so surprised that CGC is neck deep in these acetate-gate shenanigans, everyone knows that Matt Nelson and Danielle Smith (nerdy_girl) are in cahoots - just ask Dylan!

https://thelosangelestribune.com/2020/10/19/corporation-female-retailer-form-conspiracy-against-college-kid/

Wow.  He actually brought lawsuits against them?  Is this real?

On 8/11/2022 at 3:51 PM, Bob Sacamano said:

I’m no attorney so I’ll defer to you but it seems to me that the first sale doctrine wouldn’t even come into play since the retailer, Black Flag isn’t selling these a second time.  This is the first sale.  The first sale does not refer to Marvel selling to the retailer otherwise the whole doctrine would be moot since obviously Marvel can sell to whoever they wish and bind them through contract. 

The first sale is from Marvel to the retailer.  (thumbsu

On 8/11/2022 at 6:00 PM, jaybuck43 said:

So Dylan is just inventing newspapers now? There hasn’t been a Los Angeles tribune in over 50 years. And “the editorial team” don’t publish news articles….

aa7b97b83550ee71d489ccfb6b9d84a11d86dac2r1-549-745_hq.gif

On 8/11/2022 at 6:55 PM, Prince Namor said:

Hey THIS blew over too... NOT done by Eclipse (who was already out of business), but a retailer. 

s-l1600.jpg

Trying to remember, this was a warehouse find right? Then new dimension commissioned a drawning and turned it into a stamp and stamped the covers with it (gold, blue, platinum etc). In fairness though, weren’t these solicited through diamond?

On 8/11/2022 at 6:18 PM, MrBedrock said:

Whatever Marvel and Black Flag do really doesn't interest me or affect my business much. I would never choose to carry those types of bootlegs or variants to offer for sale to my customers. The way that CGC chose to grade them does affect customer confidence in their product and I do carry CGC graded books, so confidence in their product does affect my business.  The only response I want to hear is CGC saying that they made a mistake and retracting their position on grading and validating those unauthorized books.

^^

:applause:

On 8/11/2022 at 5:53 PM, Black_Adam said:

Not sure why everyone seems so surprised that CGC is neck deep in these acetate-gate shenanigans, everyone knows that Matt Nelson and Danielle Smith (nerdy_girl) are in cahoots - just ask Dylan!

https://thelosangelestribune.com/2020/10/19/corporation-female-retailer-form-conspiracy-against-college-kid/

tenor.gif.e0d25763eb460db8c7b19b09ef4edbd4.gif

On 8/11/2022 at 6:53 PM, Black_Adam said:

Anyone able to provide an update to the two lawsuits mentioned?
(couldn't find anything with a quick google)

On 8/11/2022 at 6:55 PM, Prince Namor said:

s-l1600.jpg

I didn't know about this one, but it pisses me off just as much. I've seen others compare this C2E2 issue to the Wizard First controversy years ago, but at least CGC gave those books a new label separating them from the normal/traditional blue label. These books make it feel like CGC is trying to dupe us.

On 8/11/2022 at 5:53 PM, Black_Adam said:

Very important for that headline to specify that a female retailer was involved.

Edited by KirbyTown

On 8/11/2022 at 3:34 PM, KirbyTown said:

4F7EFC40-2797-4CA9-9588-B8D88BDD0CB3.jpeg.1aca8fb671ad61dbc4a441cb8d3fec17.jpeg

Except it's not going to pass.  Black Flag already has 2 more variants ready for Boston that are doing the same thing.  Easy $30k+ payday for the retailer.  The market will be FLOODED with these as people try to cash in on the ability to "legitimize" their bootlegs and sell them at an ultra premium.  So much for rare 9.9's and 10.0's.  9.8's will lose credibility as well.  

They artificially now have the ability to sell hundreds of raw books at $100+ each with the backing of CGC.

Patience is waining yet for a company, does it normally  take.      This.       Long?

I know a break is what I need :shy: i just keep thinking the response is imminent and resistance is futile lol

Spoiler

liar-liar-jim-carrey.gif

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 8/11/2022 at 5:56 PM, MGH said:

If you wrote a letter to MARVEL on your disappointment on this disrespect  on 'their variant' I'm sure you would see repercussions.. 

A) I'm sure they wouldn't give a rat's

B) I hope you're not trying to be funny...because it's not to me.

Edited by CJ Design