• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C2E2 Variant Drama
24 24

4,556 posts in this topic

On 8/11/2022 at 3:24 PM, Domo Arigato said:

So, can someone tell me why any "pure as the driven snow" collectors even want this?

Isn't it a reprint/facsimile of an earlier comic? 

And didn't they just take this reprint and slap a ridiculous piece of plastic on it with a couple of extra staples?

It seems to me that most (if not everyone) pretty much wanted it for the speculation value of it and not as an actual collector.

eBay auction of UF 4 C2E2 Black Flag acetate variant that should have been green label Cgc grade. At least $10k for this one (1) hot and hard acetate cover will go towards a military CHARITY:

On 8/11/2022 at 7:38 PM, Iceman399 said:

Facebook loves this decision 

Screenshot_20220811-193742_Facebook.jpg

I just saw this on Facebook in a cgc group and was going to post it as well lol 

On 8/11/2022 at 7:37 PM, aardvark88 said:

eBay auction of UF 4 C2E2 Black Flag acetate variant that should have been green label Cgc grade. At least $10k for this one (1) hot and hard acetate cover will go towards a military CHARITY:

This is a perfect example of why YouTube is so bad, lately.  The thumbnail hits every bingo square of click-bait tropes.  Nevermind that the title is :censored: and you can rest assured whatever the dude's take is is terrible.  Don't click the link and give him views.  

On 8/11/2022 at 6:45 PM, Prince Namor said:

That's these guys. Scam artists. 10% goes to the actual charity. 

1966791067_ScreenShot2022-08-11at11_09_20AM.thumb.png.77c791badf719ded1e2da2d4db0d0abb.png

1465607476_ScreenShot2022-08-11at11_08_11AM.thumb.png.23d4366e4e5a3616d5f645ab2c3de95f.png

I knew that was coming when I saw that on Ebay, to my knowledge on Ebay you get to "choose how much goes to the 'charity's after the auction? Something like that, they may have a minimum per the auction result.

Just sad frustrating and etc 

CleverCommonBinturong-max-1mb.gif

On 8/11/2022 at 7:23 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Dylan doing what he does best.. Trying to scam and gain sympathy from people.  

He obviously either paid for or posted this himself to that site that has been notorious for littering some real articles into its horrible collection of ADs and Faxe news. 

20220811_181942.thumb.jpg.da817ceaba22a9b35aeaceda2cebb992.jpg

Take with a grain of salt, but I found this on Wikipedia -

2019-Present
The rights to the Tribune name and infrastructure were taken over under a new leadership group of investors that sought to preserve the Newspaper Brand as an independent voice by committing to not allow the paper to fall under a national corporate media conglomerate rule, to date it is one of the few national brands fully independent.

I did make a reply on the post which lasted a few minutes, but then I refreshed the page and it was gone.
Could not find any mention of the lawsuits beyond this article.
Strongly believe it was a 'targeted post' disguised at an editorial.
Narcissist playbook to accuse others of what you do.

On 8/12/2022 at 7:32 AM, CJ Design said:

A) I'm sure they wouldn't give a rat's

B) I hope you're not trying to be funny...because it's not to me.

Didn't mean to offend.. And I was dead serious  as while I don't think black flag gives two hoots for their cash grab I'd like to think marvel would not care for their brand being presented in an offensive way to  veterans