• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C2E2 Variant Drama
25 25

4,556 posts in this topic

On 8/24/2022 at 9:00 AM, CGC Mike said:

Shame on me for thinking we are all grown ups here.  I thought I would be able to release a few spoon words so people might be able to say D ick Tracy etc...  After viewing multiple threads, I now see I have made a mistake.   I have added them back to the list and removed the comment from your location.

I guess we are going to have to get used to seeing the name spoon Pontoon again.

I wonder if this changes things moving forward.  If the “publisher”, and I use that term very loosely, sees that the books they are hawking will get green labels, I wonder if this is the last of the acetate covers or similar “projects” moving forward. 

On 8/24/2022 at 9:55 AM, jsilverjanet said:

Apparently spoon and spoon are too much but a thread that constantly breaks all the rules is allowed to continue 

What happened now ?

Cool… 

Has anyone seen any comments from anyone that bought the original acetate books since CGC changed their policy regarding them ?  

On 8/23/2022 at 2:18 PM, Gonzimodo said:

They probably would have gotten away with it if Black Flag had simply set purchase limits and not allowed the "influencers" to cut in front of everyone waiting in line to buy large numbers of copies right out in the open.  That got people fired up at Black Flag, which led to scrutiny of the book, itself, which then led to scrutiny of the copies "graded" by CGC.  This has been one heck of a ride.

This.

On 8/24/2022 at 9:00 AM, CGC Mike said:

Shame on me for thinking we are all grown ups here.  I thought I would be able to release a few spoon words so people might be able to say D ick Tracy etc...  After viewing multiple threads, I now see I have made a mistake.   I have added them back to the list and removed the comment from your location.

:sorry:

Sorry Mike. If anyone needs me, I'll be over here sulking, and playing with my spoon pontoon.