• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C2E2 Variant Drama
24 24

4,556 posts in this topic

On 8/12/2022 at 9:29 PM, FFB said:

How come you cropped the photo at upper right?  Put the whole thing on an acetate and it would sell out immediately!  lol

Barry Wood variant? 

On 8/12/2022 at 9:38 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Intercontinental championship bout is on right now, go wrestling. :)

The Paul Levesque era has been quite interesting from the get go.

@jaybuck43 Perhaps we should really take our group text to a thread or PM group.

There are more of us "f'n marks" than just Tony Khan in the house. 

On 8/12/2022 at 9:34 PM, RayJr said:

I normally just go with the flow and don’t get involved with the shenanigans but what I won’t tolerate is disrespect to the American flag. As a Soldier for the past 29 years, I have been to many funerals to present the American flag, folded with no red showing, to the family member of the deceased. So to whomever created this crap cover should’ve done their research better on how the American flag is supposed to look folded instead of trying to put together something for a quick buck.

Your initials TFF on IG? 

This response by CGC is bonkers, but we all know that. All that is left to wait for is the ramifications of this.

What we need to be doing is putting down bets on what the over/under is on the time until an established artist who likes money decides to release custom new acetate wraps for previous books they can sell at conventions. I'm looking at you, Liefeld and McFarlane! 

On 8/12/2022 at 6:45 PM, Buzzetta said:

Fair question.

So, for my big books and moving forward, yes I do trust CGC for the most part.  I feel that my silver and gold books are graded accurately for the most part.   

I believe that for the most part that the majority of books in silver and gold are graded accurately 

HOWEVER

I am not oblivious that certain people have more influence than others and have some stroke in getting CGC to look at a book again.   It happens.  It means that they might get the 8.0 instead of the 7.5 by making that call. 

SECOND HOWEVER

From what I see lately, the greatest inconsistency is coming from moderns.  

What CGC has mostly done is create a new loophole for people to exploit with 'unauthorized' or 'self manufactured' variants.  You know, the things that we used to call bootlegs or variants and they are lending credibility to something that should have a green label or a "NG" designation.  

stop buying high priced moderns.  what a scam.

On 8/12/2022 at 6:49 PM, Sauce Dog said:

This response by CGC is bonkers, but we all know that. All that is left to wait for is the ramifications of this.

What we need to be doing is putting down bets on what the over/under is on the time until an established artist who likes money decides to release custom new acetate wraps for previous books they can sell at conventions. I'm looking at you, Liefeld and McFarlane! 

The problem with that is that all of their unsold books are Image/independent books and they can do whatever they want with those and call them "approved" editions.  And no matter how silly it would be, it would still be legitimate in my mind because THEY ARE THE PUBLISHER.  It's not a bootleg, unless you're talking about Leifeld selling some of the lame Marvel stuff he did when he came back, but I doubt he's sitting on unsold stacks of those that he needs to move.   

On 8/13/2022 at 10:39 AM, fastballspecial said:

Found one here. This was a private video that is on you tube now. 

3 hours - the guy is serious! CGC take note!

2 hrs 44 in - epic rant!