• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC-exclusive Death of Superman 30th Anniversary Gold Foil Variant
3 3

219 posts in this topic

On 11/8/2022 at 2:04 PM, Iconic1s said:

Now they dropped a pink foil… either $200 or 1500 rewards points for this one raw!

I hung in there for the gold, silver, and red but am officially tired of this :censored:!  Pink doesn’t even make sense!!

There is going to also be a blue, and they hinted at a black w/red ‘S’. The latter makes the most sense but I am way over it already… won’t be going for any more of these.  I'm actually kind of irritated now!

P.S. I just added a few more books to my Custom Death of Superman Set (link below).  New additions are at the end of the gallery... please check it out some time.  Thanks!

519DC69A-DA54-49FC-86B0-08434BBD5962.jpeg.31185b4e4ad0502a75173dac76088cb2.jpeg

I feel bad for you lol but that is kind of "funny?" but a collector, call them what they are :( 

Still your post, at the first word.... I knew it was Oh Come On Jim Carrey GIF - Oh Come On Jim Carrey Water - Discover & Share  GIFs  lol 

On 11/8/2022 at 3:04 PM, Iconic1s said:

Now they dropped a pink foil… either $200 or 1500 rewards points for this one raw!

I hung in there for the gold, silver, and red but am officially tired of this :censored:!  Pink doesn’t even make sense!!

There is going to also be a blue, and they hinted at a black w/red ‘S’. The latter makes the most sense but I am way over it already… won’t be going for any more of these.  I'm actually kind of irritated now!

P.S. I just added a few more books to my Custom Death of Superman Set (first Custom Set link in my signature).  New additions are at the end of the gallery... please check it out some time.  Thanks!

Just wait. They will do Funeral for a Friend Blue edition and Adventures of Superman #500 white edition .

BOOM..:Rocket:

red white and blue collector's set!

:flipbait:

On 11/11/2022 at 7:24 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Just wait. They will do Funeral for a Friend Blue edition and Adventures of Superman #500 white edition .

BOOM..:Rocket:

red white and blue collector's set!

:flipbait:

Have you still been able to hunt through the circumstances? PM if too long, but I miss your finds and acquisitions  (thumbsu but priorities straight!

Hope it's better by the holidays to keep up with it all! Prayers :headbang:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 11/11/2022 at 8:27 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Have you still been able to hunt through the circumstances? PM if too long, but I miss your finds and acquisitions  (thumbsu but priorities straight!

Hope it's better by the holidays to keep up with it all! Prayers :headbang:

Sort of. Not to the extent that I was, but have been still filling in runs and chasing unicorns.  Although haven't had the same ability or luck recently.  At the same time that is why they are unicorns.  Will have to swamp the what's new threads when I have the time and am up to it with pictures of what I have added. 

Thank you.

On 11/8/2022 at 1:04 PM, Iconic1s said:

P.S. I just added a few more books to my Custom Death of Superman Set (first Custom Set link in my signature).  New additions are at the end of the gallery... please check it out some time.  Thanks!

Say what! I agree, this one don’t look right. The red one is the best one IMHO. I took a look a look at your latest additions, sweet dollar version of Superman #75! Reading your entry for the World Without A Superman TPB almost made me cry thou, because there are only two 9.8s and I let the first one slip away on ComicLink years ago! 

Edited by Brandon Shepherd

On 11/22/2022 at 6:45 PM, 850chris said:

Didn't they say there would be no raw copies and any outside of the 300 graded would be destroyed? hm

Death of Superman 30th Anniversary GOLD Ultra Rare, Silver Foil, And 1:25 Foil | eBay

All 1000 copies of the gold edition where supposed to be sent directly from the printer to CGC sealed to get the 1 of 300 designation, the rest where to be destroyed. How this person got one i don't know? I hope they don't work for CGC or BTC.

Edited by ak47po

On 11/22/2022 at 6:05 PM, ak47po said:
On 11/22/2022 at 5:45 PM, 850chris said:

Didn't they say there would be no raw copies and any outside of the 300 graded would be destroyed? hm

Death of Superman 30th Anniversary GOLD Ultra Rare, Silver Foil, And 1:25 Foil | eBay

All 1000 copies of the gold edition where supposed to be sent directly from the printer to CGC sealed to get the 1 of 300 designation, the rest where to be destroyed. How this person got one i don't know? I hope they don't work for CGC or

@Iconic1s

joker08.gif

On 11/22/2022 at 6:15 PM, Iconic1s said:

Yeah, this is super shady!!

I didn't click the link, but I assumed as much. I feel bad for the running finish him joke on these, but there seems to be tiresome parts of collecting, everywhere, it just depends on when and where!    :ohnoez:

cmi.gif

On 11/22/2022 at 6:20 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:
On 11/22/2022 at 6:15 PM, Iconic1s said:

Yeah, this is super shady!!

Like regular shady....but wearing a cape?

Maybe like it should be asking "what it's name is!" :sumo:

:womanhero:

On 11/22/2022 at 7:20 PM, Tnexus said:

There's always publisher and artist comp copies. That's likely one of those. Generally most places that claim a limited number will small print this.

This is exactly what BTC just told me. They contacted the seller and he said it was a gift from a ‘creator.’  They weren’t too pleased about it either.  It was not leaked from CGC or anything like that.

I actually knew the seller on IG and blocked him awhile ago because he got so annoying… would message me to brag about his contacts with DC all the time. For example, when I bought the Death of Superman Omnibus he messaged to tell me that DC offered him three free copies but he turned them down.  If that was all true it’s no surprise a ‘creator’ hooked him up but I think it’s kind of a low class move to then turn around and sell a ‘gift’ like this on eBay.  That’s just me though.

Edited by Iconic1s

On 11/23/2022 at 7:20 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Unless I'm misunderstanding something, someone could have simply cracked one of the slabs open.

BTC contacted the seller directly and he said it was a gift from a ‘creator.’  They said that all of their copies are at CGC now and should be back by mid-December.  They were concerned too.

I am a little disappointed as I had no idea these extra copies would show up, not that I ever would have paid that for a raw copy!