• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is TODD MCFARLANE publishing DC comic books?
5 5

152 posts in this topic

On 9/4/2022 at 3:03 PM, Funnybooks said:

GIF by Futurithmic

I doubt it’s actually Van Sciver.  It’s one of his “fans”.  @Ethan Van Sciver if it is you, feel free to announce to the world that you joined the boards by announcing it on your Twitter feed.  

Then maybe I’ll take this account seriously. 

Edited by Buzzetta

On 9/4/2022 at 12:06 PM, Buzzetta said:

I doubt it’s actually Van Sciver.  It’s one of his “fans”.  @Ethan Van Sciver if it is you, feel free to announce to the world that you joined the boards by announcing it on your Twitter feed.  

If it really is him, I'm gonna ask for a sketch of CyberFrog beating up Ms. Marvel.  

Stu used to just appear, pick a fight, and get extremely angry if any of the older Water Cooler boardies mentioned Steely Dan in a music thread. An almost pathological hatred would manifest, time after time, back then.

Quite amusing. A bit of a character.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 9/4/2022 at 3:00 PM, Cat said:

You're being extremely disengenuous by putting it down to you 'being an entertainer'. That's a cop-out answer, and you know it. Who were you entertaining when you told your own fan to kill himself, even after he'd begged you not to because his ?brother? had committed suicide recently.

Who are you entertaining by taking a cel of incels and catering to their fantasies, empowering them to do harm in their own lives in how they treat specific people, specifically competitors of yours, people who have have bad mouthed you. 

"KYS" is internet slang.  Its the same thing as "Go jump off a bridge".  It isn't a demand for suicide, and everyone knows it.  That is, everyone knew it until they decided to pretend to NOT know it, in order to get me into trouble.

He wasn't a fan, he was a hater who was joining a mob against me on Facebook over the fact that I voted in 2016 and was happy with the results.

You're calling my fans and supporters "incels."  That's ridiculous hypocrisy.  They're comic book fans and supporters of my work. I can't take you seriously.

On 9/4/2022 at 3:06 PM, Buzzetta said:

Why wouldn't this be me?  I'm very active on social media.

Go check my Twitter.

On 9/5/2022 at 9:48 AM, Ethan Van Sciver said:

"KYS" is internet slang.  Its the same thing as "Go jump off a bridge".  It isn't a demand for suicide, and everyone knows it.  That is, everyone knew it until they decided to pretend to NOT know it, in order to get me into trouble.

He wasn't a fan, he was a hater who was joining a mob against me on Facebook over the fact that I voted in 2016 and was happy with the results.

You're calling my fans and supporters "incels."  That's ridiculous hypocrisy.  They're comic book fans and supporters of my work. I can't take you seriously.

Yep, it's him. 

I'm out. 

On 9/4/2022 at 2:43 PM, Ethan Van Sciver said:

Everyone should be able to speak their mind without consequence in this business and in this hobby

Tell me more about this. :popcorn:

On 9/4/2022 at 7:06 PM, The Meta said:

@Ethan Van Sciver

So, you take requests?

I mean, if it is EVS, I'd love to request a Joker sketch if he's taking requests... :cheers:  Dude can flat out draw - I watch this video (below) and some of his other drawing videos sometimes just because it's so cool to see someone pull out a blank page and create like that. Jim Lee has a few drawing videos out there too - I'm guessing other artists do too, I just haven't run across them. There's just something relaxing to me in watching people draw. (shrug)

On 9/4/2022 at 6:51 PM, Cat said:

Yep, it's him. 

I'm out. 

On 9/4/2022 at 2:06 PM, Buzzetta said:

He did post on his Twitter. 

20220904_194650.jpg.a8d972d12e0bb7350dce08f5106b33b7.jpg20220904_194629.jpg.9ed6af97450fdcaa0999eb801ab34a47.jpg

• Administrator
On 9/4/2022 at 7:59 PM, Ethan Van Sciver said:

Sure.  Either everyone gets to spout toxic political mess on social media or nobody does.

And yet...

Just so you know, politics are not allowed to be discussed on this forum.