• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is TODD MCFARLANE publishing DC comic books?
5 5

152 posts in this topic

On 9/5/2022 at 5:29 PM, jdandns said:

Well, certainly.

Were one to use the laughing emoji to respond to something someone was clearly serious in saying, that would constitute a form of "shade".

I don't fly that way, but sure, I guess. Not really a laughing matter, but I get your point :)

On 9/5/2022 at 10:29 AM, Uatu13 said:

And what percentage of those are actually good? 2%? 5%? I'm glad you're enjoying the current state of things, but to a lot of fans this is the bleakest time for mainstream comics, and that's saying a lot!

I still buy some mainstream books because honestly I want to keep my runs going, but most of what DC and Marvel have been putting out is beyond awful. I'd rather be excited for a good book coming out from a talented, independent creator than pretending the garbage the mainstream is shoveling into the dumpster has any value. It's clear they don't care about the real fans anymore and do their best to spit in our faces at every turn.

Yet you continue to give your money to the big guys to keep your precious runs going while complaining about them at the same time. 

On 9/5/2022 at 12:17 PM, Cat said:

If you don't like what DC and Marvel are putting out, shop elsewhere. Image has some good stuff, Boom too, even IDW has some gems still. You don't insist the company change because you've discovered extremist views. 

"Extremist views" like wanting good stories, good art, and not to have all the characters I care about ruined by talent-less hacks. People are going elsewhere, which is why these companies are tanking. I'm happy for the three people in this thread are enjoying the deluge of amateurish content Marvel and DC are putting out, but back issues are booming because most people want good stories with characters they care about.

Edited by Uatu13

On 9/5/2022 at 3:39 PM, shadroch said:

Yet you continue to give your money to the big guys to keep your precious runs going while complaining about them at the same time. 

Yeah, I'm a comic customer, that's generally who has opinions on a product. Is this a forum for snowboarding enthusiasts?

Edited by Uatu13

On 9/5/2022 at 5:57 PM, Uatu13 said:

"Extremist views" like wanting good stories, good art, and not to have all the characters I care about ruined by talent-less hacks. People are going elsewhere, which is why these companies are tanking. I'm happy for the three people in this thread are enjoying the deluge of amateurish content Marvel and DC are putting out, but back issues are booming because most people want good stories with characters they care about.

Sure, buddy. 😄

On 9/5/2022 at 4:16 PM, Uatu13 said:

Yeah, I'm a comic customer, that's generally who has opinions on a product. Is this a forum for snowboarding enthusiasts?

The best way to show your dislike for a companies product is not to buy them.  If filling out runs of stuff you distain is important to you, wait six months and get them for half price.