• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is TODD MCFARLANE publishing DC comic books?
5 5

152 posts in this topic

On 9/4/2022 at 8:02 PM, Funnybooks said:

EVS hijacking your account to vouch for himself :sorry:

nvmd...i'll ban myself

Oh chit ! 

Well it would be the first time I had been hacked by someone who was actually trying to use me for credibility.. :roflmao:

No need to ban yourself.  

On 9/5/2022 at 2:22 AM, Ethan Van Sciver said:

Well, I'm an entertainer, and I do have a persona that I've adopted to make the message that I convey more fun to listen to.  And "Comics" isn't a "Community," it's a hobby and an industry.  As such, nobody has any obligations to abide by a set of community standards.

The message is that "Woke" isn't a good additive for comics, and that those who insist that it must be are poisonous to this hobby and the business.  "Forced Diversity," or intentional ethnic, gender or sexuality quotas, aren't a replacement for good stories.

EVERYONE who isn't a political activist for social justice agrees with this.  Many are afraid to say anything, or they'll lose their jobs.  I hear from big name pros all of the time in private who cheer me on.  I'm happy to keep going.

Talking about it openly has meant being shunned, deplatformed, and canceled.  It's amazing.  It's almost as if this line of thinking is being imposed on comics forcibly and on penalty of ostracization.

Feel free to disagree. But also, you'll prove me right when this Forum bans me.

UFcfVkq.thumb.jpg.21b2818b50d5622d811bb41eec5e3045.jpg

On 9/2/2022 at 10:01 AM, Ethan Van Sciver said:

I'm an amazing "human" and happy to be a part of this community!

Yeah, it does seem like Todd McFarlane is publishing some DC Comics, which is a new situation.  Also, DC has grabbed a new distributor and is actively seeking to get their comics out in more places.

Fascinating times for comics!

Hail EVS, great to see you here! Can't wait to get Rekt Planet and Reignbow The Brute (tell Cecil to get the lead out too!). Don't let a few salty people dissuade you, there are plenty of comic fans on this board that are here to share our love of comics, and long for the days when Marvel and DC were putting out quality and cared about their customers.

Edited by Uatu13

On 9/4/2022 at 10:50 PM, Uatu13 said:

Hail EVS, great to see you here! Can't wait to get Rekt Planet and Reignbow The Brute (tell Cecil to get the lead out too!). Don't let a few salty people dissuade you, there are plenty of comic fans on this board that are here to share our love of comics, and long for the days when Marvel and DC were putting out quality and cared about their customers.

Between them, the Big Two are releasing 150+ new comics in August 2022 alone, so there's no need for them to get the lead out, which is nice. They also care about a lot more different kinds of customers than they ever did before, while still caring about the only kind they ever used to. It's like a new Golden Age of Comics in that they actually regularly publish massive amounts of new comics and that those titles are intended for more than just 12 year old boys.

On 9/5/2022 at 8:33 AM, jdandns said:

Between them, the Big Two are releasing 150+ new comics in August 2022 alone, so there's no need for them to get the lead out, which is nice. They also care about a lot more different kinds of customers than they ever did before, while still caring about the only kind they ever used to. It's like a new Golden Age of Comics in that they actually regularly publish massive amounts of new comics and that those titles are intended for more than just 12 year old boys.

And what percentage of those are actually good? 2%? 5%? I'm glad you're enjoying the current state of things, but to a lot of fans this is the bleakest time for mainstream comics, and that's saying a lot!

I still buy some mainstream books because honestly I want to keep my runs going, but most of what DC and Marvel have been putting out is beyond awful. I'd rather be excited for a good book coming out from a talented, independent creator than pretending the garbage the mainstream is shoveling into the dumpster has any value. It's clear they don't care about the real fans anymore and do their best to spit in our faces at every turn.

Edited by Uatu13

On 9/4/2022 at 7:49 PM, Ethan Van Sciver said:

Why wouldn't this be me?  I'm very active on social media.

Go check my Twitter.

Thanks for this. I had no idea who you were, and after reading some of the ridiculous things you posted in the last 24 hours on Twitter, I don't want to.

If you don't like what DC and Marvel are putting out, shop elsewhere. Image has some good stuff, Boom too, even IDW has some gems still. You don't insist the company change because you've discovered extremist views. 

On 9/4/2022 at 7:34 PM, Ken Aldred said:

Stu used to just appear, pick a fight, and get extremely angry if any of the older Water Cooler boardies mentioned Steely Dan in a music thread. An almost pathological hatred would manifest, time after time, back then.

Quite amusing. A bit of a character.

I've never seen what the big deal about Stu was, and have no idea why he was banned, but if you are telling me he goes against Steely Dan, I say good riddance!

On 9/6/2022 at 5:16 AM, ttfitz said:

Thanks for this. I had no idea who you were, and after reading some of the ridiculous things you posted in the last 24 hours on Twitter, I don't want to.

Were they still calling him Caesar? Or has he got a new super-narcissist name? 

On 9/5/2022 at 3:19 PM, Cat said:
On 9/5/2022 at 3:16 PM, ttfitz said:

Were they still calling him Caesar? Or has he got a new super-narcissist name? 

I didn't see any of that, and the thing that clinched it for me falls in an area that is proscribed around here. Let's just say it was the repeating without irony the ridiculous notion that a particular agency was hiring tens of thousands of people and equipping them with certain potentially lethal items.

On 9/5/2022 at 10:29 AM, Uatu13 said:

And what percentage of those are actually good? 2%? 5%? I'm glad you're enjoying the current state of things, but to a lot of fans this is the bleakest time for mainstream comics, and that's saying a lot!

I still buy some mainstream books because honestly I want to keep my runs going, but most of what DC and Marvel have been putting out is beyond awful. I'd rather be excited for a good book coming out from a talented, independent creator than pretending the garbage the mainstream is shoveling into the dumpster has any value. It's clear they don't care about the real fans anymore and do their best to spit in our faces at every turn.

What percentage of Cyberfrog is good? 2%? 5%?

On 9/5/2022 at 3:47 PM, jdandns said:

Interesting how low the number is for overall dislikes/likes for posts in this thread. 

It's almost like no one wants to have a mob pointed at them. 

Mob?

You mean gong show

This is Facebook level stupidity and humanity still hasn't hit bottom 

Fun watching people try

On 9/5/2022 at 4:47 PM, jdandns said:

Interesting how low the number is for overall dislikes/likes for posts in this thread. 

It's almost like no one wants to have a mob pointed at them. 

1) politics aren't allowed, so there is no point.

2) it's off topic for the thread afaik, so there is no point.

And most importantly 3) there is a dislike button?  😂

On 9/5/2022 at 3:24 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

1) politics aren't allowed, so there is no point.

2) it's off topic for the thread afaik, so there is no point.

And most importantly 3) there is a dislike button?  😂

Well, certainly.

Were one to use the laughing emoji to respond to something someone was clearly serious in saying, that would constitute a form of "shade".

Edited by jdandns