• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collections
2 2

111 posts in this topic

On 9/7/2022 at 9:37 PM, goldsilverap said:

I was looking through some old posts in the Silver Age section about collections not recognized by CGC, and I was wondering are there any Golden Age collections that CGC doesn't recognize?

Would you be able to add a link to the post please? You have piqued my interest.

On 9/9/2022 at 1:04 PM, Flex Mentallo said:

Toledo

It needs something a bit more "Promise-y" to make it stand out a bit, ...like the "Holy Toledo" Collection.  That'd do it!  :yeehaw:

On 9/9/2022 at 7:42 PM, RareHighGrade said:

The "INT" collection, the penciled "S" collection, the grease pencil "S" collection.

Some examples of which are in an elusive collection that just barely recognizes CGC labels. :shiftyeyes:

On 9/9/2022 at 5:42 PM, RareHighGrade said:

The "INT" collection, the penciled "S" collection, the grease pencil "S" collection.

Do you have any idea when the greased penciled "S" collection first entered the marketplace?  ???

Was this very early on in comic book fandom, even before the collecting marketplace had come up with the term of "comic book pedigrees"?  hm

On 9/7/2022 at 1:37 PM, goldsilverap said:

I was wondering are there any Golden Age collections that CGC doesn't recognize?

Not a true comic book pedigree by any stretch of the imagination, but if you are referring to so-called "name collections' which we seem to have several of, one which they clearly missed was the "Bob Overstreet Collection" with the majority of which coming to market during the unveiling of the Diamond Int'l Galleries grand opening back in early '95.  :luhv:  :frown:

Edited by lou_fine