• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern Tier Grading is a joke...CGC just lost all of my future business.
3 3

172 posts in this topic

On 9/8/2022 at 4:55 PM, Point Five said:

At least you showed it's possible to post scans in this thread.  :foryou: 

All pics show up for me, do they not for you? Pt5?

On 9/8/2022 at 4:52 PM, musicmeta said:

Not messing you..I see the whole front cover now from the link...That's pretty visible fingerprint.  Not sure what grade you will get though.  

Weird. I tried 2 different devices throughout. I was generally curious if the print is paint? Due to the magnified detail of the prints. Now I'm afraid I derailed the thread :ohnoez:

What a day.  :(

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 9/8/2022 at 4:58 PM, Crops068 said:

Not when you are so excited that you put fingerprints on it!

Who leaves prints that clear except for paint? In store I thought it was glare from the lights lol

Half price books gives you a couple of seconds to look, then they bring it to the counter. It was behind glass to begin with idk

On 9/8/2022 at 5:57 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

All pics show up for me, do they not for you? Pt5?

Yep, I see 'em all! Just observing that the OP is a bit shy about posting the pics and grading notes that will help prove his case to us.

To be fair to him, what he's saying is certainly *possible*. It's also possible that CGC was correct to assign their grades, and the books were not 9.8s for whatever reason. We've certainly had our share of drive-by anti-CGCers here over the years.

On 9/8/2022 at 5:03 PM, Point Five said:

Yep, I see 'em all! Just observing that the OP is a bit shy about posting the pics and grading notes that will help prove his case to us.

To be fair to him, what he's saying is certainly *possible*. It's also possible that CGC was correct to assign their grades, and the books were not 9.8s for whatever reason. We've certainly had our share of drive-by anti-CGCers here over the years.

I'm doing better, cause a few times when he said go to YouTube, I felt like posting the "truth is out there! Memes"

But I wasn't trying to derail what has turned into a weird thread. Someone should really ease my mind and tell me that's paint 😂

On 9/8/2022 at 5:15 PM, Ryan. said:

What happened with the Sandman 2?

Sandman 2 seems to be almost as condition sensitive as number 8.  Of course 8 is submitted in much higher #'s.  Tough book #2 I got a 9.6 on mine in 2017.

Edited by MAR1979

On 9/8/2022 at 1:32 PM, mattn792 said:

You're posting here, not the youtubers.  Pics/scans of your examples, please.

I can get you a couple dozen pics/scans of 9.8 books that were rejects and got sent back in doing nothing to the books just to get 9.8s in the second or third time submitting. It is mildly frustrating to have to pay an extra $8 or $16 fee plus shipping costs to get the grade the book deserved to get in the first place. 

On 9/8/2022 at 8:27 PM, NumminzAK said:

The OP happens to work a day job and doesn't have the books with him at this time to post scans. Somebody has to work a day job around these chat boards versus spending all day posting memes. :P

Snark

You’ll fit right in :banana:

On 9/8/2022 at 7:27 PM, NumminzAK said:

The OP happens to work a day job and doesn't have the books with him at this time to post scans. Somebody has to work a day job around these chat boards versus spending all day posting memes. :P

Spoiler

When you're right your right! When someone starts a thread to a company on there site, preparedness and fact building is the way to get things done fast. It's not the end of the world, yet I'm sure when you get a chance we await your thesis. Just usually people start with it :takeit:

Just we're not going to hold our breath until then lol I agree it's possible, which if it had been said a couple of years ago I'd have not expected such a polite audience.

Most importantly, you're right and duly noted. :cheers:

But we get to have fun until then I hope!  :banana:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM