• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern Tier Grading is a joke...CGC just lost all of my future business.
3 3

172 posts in this topic

On 9/10/2022 at 11:11 AM, The Meta said:

The internet is Jerry Spingeresque

There are a LOT of mischief makers out there

What I truly miss is the board detectives we used to have. They had the mettle and heart to suss out such things. 

I'd take up the mantle, but lets face it, this is my skill set

20200702_204955.jpg

Don’t worry, op will post another “I’m done” thread in about two weeks, only this time it will be a 125 book submission that got screwed.  Still no pics though.

On 9/8/2022 at 3:51 PM, joeypost said:

I submitted two books. Same issue, basically the same grade with exception of one book having a small spine break. That was it. 

Book 1 was 9.8 as expected.

Book 2 was 9.0 with notes stating bends to the bottom corner of the book. Was expecting 9.4/9.6. 

I will post scans when they arrive. 

Now I see why it got a 9.0. Nice new impact dent to the corner that was not there when I purchased the book, when I pressed it and when it was sent in. 

C041307F-B623-4BBA-8C42-9B6513C55C05.thumb.jpeg.c4b96c1ff91497ade772d21fe59edc1b.jpeg4EF069D9-88B2-41BA-9961-3F1C6A4695F2.thumb.jpeg.265dc8226d5c378e8e933b431630d93b.jpeg

Edited by joeypost

On 9/10/2022 at 12:25 PM, southern cross said:

The op has a day job and is maybe finishing up their usual 48 hour shift.

9J0O.gif

Or he's been up scanning since the crack of dawn, and is just about to post and show ALL of you mofos what's what.  :sumo: 

On 9/10/2022 at 5:09 PM, mjoeyoung said:

True, I know it is not a 9.8, but a book like this with zero other defects can't get a 9.2 or maybe a 9.4?

I’d be annoyed if I bought a CGC 9.2/9.4 and it had a 1/2” CB crease 

I think 9.0 is the right grade2c

Edited by THE_BEYONDER

CGC has just announced their attendance at AVN this year in Las Vegas where they will be slabbing and promotong soiled and signed Sig Series panties of any pr0n star that will buy them hot dogs for the service.  They will undoubtedly mis-grade these too but concentrate on the marvelous stains!

On 9/11/2022 at 3:37 PM, Atom Man said:

CGC has just announced their attendance at AVN this year in Las Vegas where they will be slabbing and promotong soiled and signed Sig Series panties of any pr0n star that will buy them hot dogs for the service.  They will undoubtedly mis-grade these too but concentrate on the marvelous stains!

You mock, but there would be a market for this