• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

If we were to make a few changes to the right column, what would you like to see there?
4 4

34 posts in this topic

• Administrator

Here are some screenshots of what is currently there.  I thought of doing away with the new posters in the last 24 hours, as none of them have any posts and seem to be just reading the forum.  What changes would you like to see?

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

On 9/18/2022 at 9:34 PM, CGC Mike said:

Here are some screenshots of what is currently there.  I thought of doing away with the new posters in the last 24 hours, as none of them have any posts and seem to be just reading the forum.  What changes would you like to see?

How about oldest posters, sonny? :preach:

Truth is I pay almost no attention to the right sidebar. Occasionally something for sale catches my eye and gets me to click, but that is it. So this kinda reminds me of Fred Hembeck's story about Brother Voodoo. No one at Marvel cared about the character so no one cared what he did with the character.  Hembeck's satire actually lead to the character gaining fans. 

So do whatever you want, because almost anything you do is probably some sort of improvement if gets a few more people to look. 

Edited by Tony S

I'd say remove new members and also its obvs the announcements are not being maintained.
Unless someone takes the time to post / update / remove the various announcements I'd say that can go too.
The ones featured are from 2019 / 2020 / 2021. We all know CGC makes nearly monthly announcements via e-mail or the landing page.

Seems like POPULAR NOW and DEALS have an overlap.
Is there a way to have the system only have non-selling threads mentioned in Popular Now?

And honestly...if none of those changes seem cool...just make it a dynamic webpage where you can choose to close the side column.

Add me to the list of folks who don't pay any attention to the sidebar. At this point I think my brain just blanks it out entirely. So, here's a chance to do something creative!

The sharing buttons at the bottom, along with more sharing options

Most people don't use those buttons when linking to other sites, most browsers have a built in share link, or one can be installed by the webmaster in the browser bar, instead of having those unsightly buttons going to the various social media platforms

Look at it like this

Traffic flows to them, not here, using those buttons

They are pretty much outdated and useless

But hey, just because I think that, doesn't mean I'm right. 

Take them away and see if the complaints come flooding in. I'm doubting they will

I don't see the New Members box in my view? (shrug) To me the best option would be to customize it on a per user basis from predefined choices. Possibly make them collapsible via toggle like the forums in the center pane.

On 9/18/2022 at 9:44 PM, The Meta said:

I enjoy the mobile site because I see none of this 

I use the desktop site, but I also see none of it because I've used my adblocker to remove it.

So I would ask if the changes involve putting anything cool over there, please let me know, eh @CGC Mike:foryou:

On 9/20/2022 at 12:04 AM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Maybe a  who just got pernts, vacation , HOS, or  banned wall of shame list.

Just for Christmas call it Mike's Naughty List. 

See, that's the sort of thing that I'd want a notification about! lol