• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Book stolen by Fedex employe alert
2 2

37 posts in this topic

This book was stolen by a Fedex employe. It was headed to Oklahoma. It was held a couple of days at Memphis. Box arrived empty . Buyer bough from me many times and has good reputation in the comunity.

The book can be easily recognisable. There aren't many copies and it has a stain mark next to the top staple. If you see it slabed or unslabed please contact me

20220926_150555.thumb.jpg.b8bdc627d2c061681715e64e126df20c.jpg

20220926_150637.jpg.f91feb2e95fb53aa4b8d4283f6dd694d.jpg

Edited by Mijael.Levy

On 9/28/2022 at 10:18 AM, Mijael.Levy said:

This book was stolen by a Fedex employe. It was headed to Oklahoma. It was held a couple of days at Memphis. Box arrived empty . Buyer bough from me many times and has good reputation in the comunity.

The book can be easily recognisable. There aren't many copies and it has a stain mark next to the top staple. If you see it slabed or unslabed please contact me

Terrible 

On 9/28/2022 at 10:18 AM, Mijael.Levy said:

Why FedEx?

CGC has found FedEx to be the fastest and most reliable service for return shipping, and using primarily one shipping service will greatly streamline the return shipping process, as well as provide CGC with a greater ability to negotiate better prices on behalf of its submitters. Collectors and dealers will benefit from getting submissions back more quickly, often at lower prices than before, with reliable insurance coverage.

The CGC Online Submission Form will be updated with the new return shipping options on July 5, 2022.

On 9/28/2022 at 11:18 AM, Mijael.Levy said:

Levy. Maybe I missed it in the details but what’s leading you to believe the carrier stole the comic? By this I mean did the box arrive with signs it had been opened and then resealed?

I make a video of every comic I receive as I open it. This is to protect myself and the seller. I comment on any damage to the shipping container as I unpack the comic. 

in addition, I make a video of myself packaging what I sell and turning it over to the shipper. This is in case someone should ever try the, “I received a Bo’s with a rock in it.” 

On 9/28/2022 at 3:50 PM, Upgrayedd2 said:

Levy. Maybe I missed it in the details but what’s leading you to believe the carrier stole the comic? By this I mean did the box arrive with signs it had been opened and then resealed?

I make a video of every comic I receive as I open it. This is to protect myself and the seller. I comment on any damage to the shipping container as I unpack the comic. 

in addition, I make a video of myself packaging what I sell and turning it over to the shipper. This is in case someone should ever try the, “I received a Bo’s with a rock in it.” 

i sold the book to a trusted buyer wich says that the box arrived empty. I packed the book and handled it to Fedex... 

On this case i believe more the buyer than Fedex 

Edited by Mijael.Levy

If a USPS employees steal even a single piece of mail regardless of monetary value it is US Federal Felony. The old saying is you will serve more time in prison for stealing 25 letter than killing 25 people rings true. The Office of Inspector General  at USPS enjoy hunting down bad apples. As for Fedex the worst that happen is job loss assuming they even bother to look into the situation to begin with.

When I saw the Fedex memo from CGC it solidified that my days of submitting were done. All my remaining subs were prior to the cut-over thus will go USPS.

Edited by MAR1979

On 9/28/2022 at 3:14 PM, Mijael.Levy said:

i sold the book to a trusted buyer wich says that the box arrived empty. I packed the book and handled it to Fedex... 

On this case i believe more the buyer than Fedex 

Perhaps there is another angle to the story: about once a month, I get a package that had been smashed open in transit and then re-taped closed with a "FedEx Relabel" sticker on it, denoting that something happened in transit. About 1:5 times, the product inside is missing (or it's partial), the other times everything is there, but it's in a new box. In FedEx’s defense, I order heavy food products that aren’t packed great by the shipper, so when you put 25lbs of ketchup in a box with no packing material- it can flop around and get damaged.

I don't know the condition of the box or any additional labeling. If it's the original box and there's no relabel sticker on it, then you're right - someone likely opened it up (perhaps you use a comic-centric business name on the return address, so someone might think there were comics worth stealing inside). If the box has been retaped and relabeled, it may have been damaged in transit - because in my experience, FedEx won't bother even telling you something has been lost or damaged, they just leave it up to you to determine that.

Edited by Dr. Balls

On 9/28/2022 at 10:39 AM, zzutak said:

Why only FedEx?  One reason, and one reason only (and it's not reliability).  From the NYT:

"Private equity firms like Blackstone are emerging as a powerful new force in the marketplace. The big investors, which collectively oversee thousands of companies, are using their size and scope to pressure suppliers, set their own prices and exert their influence in a range of industries, including health care, construction and consumer goods.  Last year, Blackstone was part of a group of companies that collectively bought 16 million reams of copy paper, 35 million FedEx shipments and 900,000 days’ worth of rental cars from National and Avis.  “We have incredible leverage,” said James A. Quella, Blackstone’s North American head of portfolio operations. “The more volume we have, the lower our prices go.”

When you want to understand why things are the way they are, don't listen to the publicists.  Instead, follow the money.  :preach:

Everything is dictated by Big Money. 

Even 'logic' and 'facts'. :smirk:

If you don't know what ESG is you should. It's everyone's new boss. 

On 9/29/2022 at 4:29 PM, StillOnly25Cents said:

FedEx delivered a book when I was out of town that required a signature 

no problem, based on online tracking, the FedEx driver signed my name for me and left it outside my house

great partnership CGC

This happened to me twice with FedEx from CGC, and i was homeboth times. luckily the driver didn't steal the packages,  just forged my signature.  If the package went missing, i have  video evidence of the delivery and the person's identity as evidence.

Edited by ak47po

I am not sure what service to use anymore.  I used to believe USPS was great.  Then I received this in the mail and it made me sick to my stomach....

1322248019_Action247torn.thumb.jpeg.747369f0e7ef607f9d8ad1ed38b71dc2.jpeg

I guess at least it wasn't stolen.

I do want to say that I feel bad for the OP and hope every boardie will keep their eyes open for this easily identifiable book.

On 9/29/2022 at 6:55 PM, Hudson said:

I am not sure what service to use anymore.  I used to believe USPS was great.  Then I received this in the mail and it made me sick to my stomach....

1322248019_Action247torn.thumb.jpeg.747369f0e7ef607f9d8ad1ed38b71dc2.jpeg

I guess at least it wasn't stolen.

I do want to say that I feel bad for the OP and hope every boardie will keep their eyes open for this easily identifiable book.

It's easy to blame USPS, but that is 95% on the shipper for shipping a valuable comic like that. Based on the stamps, that's probably also media mail.