• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Submission Tracking Disappeared
6 6

69 posts in this topic

On 9/28/2022 at 8:51 PM, Buzzetta said:

heh 

Thought it was Adam Lui and then something else... heh 

Oh I was able to help people today, but then the boards software and a little reminder of the best forumite kept me hoping it would work out.

So what do I do I paraphrase Andrew with adamantium cause  @CGC Mike didn't seem busy at the time, and I thought we could win more than once. Still silently hoping 😂

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

• Administrator
On 9/28/2022 at 9:49 PM, C. Spaulding said:

@CGC Mike - I’m not sure if this helps but it’s not just submission tracking that’s down. Tools like the census and updating the registry are also not working since I’m assuming they all access the same data.

Thank you for the heads up.  I will let the web team know.

Mike

On 9/29/2022 at 6:47 AM, chrisco37 said:

Hurricane destroyed the facility.  All your books are gone.  

On 9/29/2022 at 7:51 AM, Underground44 said:

Are you serious?

First and foremost, lets just hope that nobody got hurt. I know we all have some very expensive books sitting over there, but would hate to hear anyone passed away or got hurt really badly due to the severity of the storm.

I am baffled if they are storing the submissions tracking data on site and they would not be using AWS. This could be part of the problem why we have all lost our submissions data on the site if all of this is on servers that they have on site and maybe power was lost.

One guy I watch on YT who has visited the facility says its like Ft. Knox over there so it should hopefully be able to withstand any kind of damage.

On 9/29/2022 at 11:05 PM, captainzombie said:

First and foremost, lets just hope that nobody got hurt. I know we all have some very expensive books sitting over there, but would hate to hear anyone passed away or got hurt really badly due to the severity of the storm.

I am baffled if they are storing the submissions tracking data on site and they would not be using AWS. This could be part of the problem why we have all lost our submissions data on the site if all of this is on servers that they have on site and maybe power was lost.

One guy I watch on YT who has visited the facility says its like Ft. Knox over there so it should hopefully be able to withstand any kind of damage.

I know. I get it. Saying that “all your books are destroyed” is uncalled for though. 

On 9/28/2022 at 8:24 PM, CGC Mike said:

I can create a ticket with web help, and they will check into it.  Anyone else having this problem?

I'm having this issue as well. Three books missing from my submissions. I figure the servers are probably down. Please advise if you will need submission numbers. 

On 9/29/2022 at 8:10 AM, Underground44 said:

I know. I get it. Saying that “all your books are destroyed” is uncalled for though. 

LOL! I know that you guys were messing around.

Just scary to see a Cat 4/5 gain so much power as it hits landfall and could only imagine the damage it caused.

On 9/29/2022 at 8:34 AM, CGC Mike said:

I am told:

Various issues with the hurricane aftermath.  Circuits down, etc.  Out of our hands.  It will be restored when service is available

I'm glad your safe! ^^ Clean up will be a pain, but prayers. @CGC Mike

I thought you lived up north a bit, I wouldn't have tagged you needlessly last night if I knew you were in danger. :sorry: I thought your were more a remote worker :eek:

glad your safe, watching reports on news now

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 9/29/2022 at 8:34 AM, CGC Mike said:

I am told:

Various issues with the hurricane aftermath.  Circuits down, etc.  Out of our hands.  It will be restored when service is available

So the monitor won't be working without the power unless CGC has a back up generator.

Unrelated - but maybe somewhat related. 

When I saw submission tracking was down I assumed it was weather related and no techs at the facility to work on the problem.  Online submissions still working and that's handy. CGC on their homepage has updates about the building being closed and such. 

But I shipped about 60 books out yesterday without giving the weather and CGC closing the building any thought. I rather wish I'd waited a few days so the package is not just sitting somewhere in Florida waiting for weather to allow it to movie to the next place. . 

Along with computer glitches, USPS appears to have updated their online tracking - it looks different. And for a time - about 24 hours - tracking on the USPS website had the message of 
"Not Trackable. Delivery status information is not available for your item via this website."

This morning the package showed up in tracking and the website has a new look.  There was nearly a day though where I thought I'd have to go back to the post office and ask if they had some tracking information on the package.