• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paypal institutes $2500 fine for anyone who promotes "misinformation" and then pulls the rule after massive public backlash.
8 8

401 posts in this topic

On 10/13/2022 at 4:26 AM, kav said:

He do seem to obsess.  I never reply to anything he posts ( on the CGC boards ) unless he starts going after me.  I couldnt care less about the dude but he sure seems obsessed with me :cloud9:

Projection.

Typical.

Sad.

FTFY

On 10/13/2022 at 6:01 AM, Logan510 said:

Projection.

Typical.

Sad.

FTFY

You go after me here, because you are obsessed with me, I respond here, and discuss elsewhere.  It all starts with you and your obsession.  You dont mention me I have no interest in you whatsoever.

Someone is projecting- lol 

On 10/13/2022 at 8:06 AM, kav said:

You go after me here, because you are obsessed with me, I respond here, and discuss elsewhere.  It all starts with you and your obsession.  You dont mention me I have no interest in you whatsoever.

Someone is projecting- lol 

:facepalm:

On 10/13/2022 at 7:34 AM, namisgr said:

I didn't say you were.  It had already been posted that re-location of offensive but historically meaningful statues were examples of erasing history.  So I asked for support of that implication by asking what history the poster knew of that brought concern over its erasure.  Neither he nor you provided any so far.

The discussion started when you asked what someone thought about eBay no longer selling Nazi relics to which I believe MOST would agree that it's a short sighted move and akin to "erasing history".

Collecting war memorabilia is no different than collecting war time comic books. I wonder if the response would have been more vocal if if eBay banned all WW2 covers. 

On 10/13/2022 at 8:20 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Offensive statues? Just because one is offended does not make them 'right'.

Loser
[ loo-zer ]
a person, team, nation, etc., that loses

person, team, nation that has failed at a particular activity

Thus by the very definition of the word those who were depicted on the statues were LOSERS.  Perhaps those offended prefer to see winners on statues?

Edited by MAR1979

On 10/13/2022 at 10:19 AM, MAR1979 said:

It no longer has anything to do with comics and barely did to begin with.  Simply move it to the proper sub-forum like "water cooler"

@CGC Mike

Pretty much all eBay and PayPal updates have been shared in CG. The OP cannot contribute in the WC. The thread should stay here.

On 10/13/2022 at 10:19 AM, MAR1979 said:

Loser
[ loo-zer ]
a person, team, nation, etc., that loses

person, team, nation that has failed at a particular activity

Thus by the very definition of the word those who were depicted on the statues were LOSERS.  Perhaps those offended prefer to see winners on statues?

Who's stopping anyone from creating new statues with "winners"? Seems like an obvious cherry-pick to me. 2c This isn't really what I'm here for, though.

On 10/14/2022 at 12:41 AM, namisgr said:

The fine is coming

We need that fine system here, except the money goes into a community slush fund. We could have nice things! 

On 10/13/2022 at 9:10 AM, MAR1979 said:

@CGC Mike - I ask again - especially given the last 10-12 pages, why is this topic is permitted in Comics General?

I wonder why it's permitted at all?

The doe eyed OP knew exactly what he was doing and anyone could see where this was going to go from a mile away.

@Buzzettasince I know you aren't working and aren't going to be banned

please provide a recap of the topics that have been covered and the total number of pages

for example

removal of statues 10 pages

he said she said 5 pages

section 230 6 pages

yo momma 1 post (this one) - how's your momma doing?

On 10/13/2022 at 6:40 AM, kav said:
On 10/13/2022 at 4:41 AM, Buzzetta said:

My question was something along the lines of, "Why do we name places after people who killed (American) soldiers?"  (Yeah, I was "that" kid sometimes.)

what places?

Fort Benning
Fort Bragg
Fort A.P. Hill
Fort Hood
Camp Pendleton
Edmund Pettus Bridge
Stonewall Jackson High School
Robert E. Lee High School
Lee Highway
Jefferson Davis Highway (okay, perhaps didn't "kill American soldiers", but still)

Among others. It's a really long list.