• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Opinion on this 9.2 Hulk 181
1 1

23 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, long story short I sold off my collection about 5 years ago and will be getting back in. I'm considering this copy of Hulk 181 in 9.2. I'm wondering what your honest comments are as it relates to the "tight" wrap on this book. You can see that the "2" in the "25" is pulled to the back cover. What do you think?

1797334314_Hulk1812.jpg.7c8e4280bb99172a83fcdddce301519e.jpg1388128356_Hulk1811.jpg.3b5115b340e5283b757e1128e12fa6be.jpg

Edited by shane1956

As already said....there’s really no reason to settle for a miswrapped copy like this when there are so many copies available.  Personally, I’d rather have a 9.0 with white pages and good centering than a miswrapped 9.2 ow/w for the same money 2c

On 10/27/2022 at 11:58 AM, shane1956 said:

Hello everyone, long story short I sold off my collection about 5 years ago and will be getting back in. I'm considering this copy of Hulk 181 in 9.2. I'm wondering what your honest comments are as it relates to the "tight" warp on this book.

Let's do the "tight" warp again

Edited by MAR1979

On 10/27/2022 at 11:05 AM, THE_BEYONDER said:

As already said....there’s really no reason to settle for a miswrapped copy like this when there are so many copies available.  Personally, I’d rather have a 9.0 with white pages and good centering than a miswrapped 9.2 ow/w for the same money 2c

The cover is also yellowing.

Pass.

It's the price that determines whether or not this is a good buy, not the wrap on the book. 

A) Comics are not baseball cards. Who cares about wrap? B) The wrap on this book is almost perfect for the art. Wolverine/Hulk are perfectly centered. Wolverine's arm goes right to the edge and you see almost all of Hulk's arm.  If you can get this cheaper than other 9.2s, don't hesitate because of the wrap.