• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How Great is This Hobby? What Do You Love About Comics?
1 1

36 posts in this topic

On 11/25/2022 at 1:07 PM, B2D327 said:

Comics? 
I thought this was a “Furries” chat board doh!

image.gif.da9d09b578e3b9c63b4c70d62fbd3e58.gif

You could pile up all those furries against the glass windows and it would look like a Crane Machine display.

I have been told the comic book back issue market will go the way of the Dodo bird for the last 10 years since we are in the era of paperless office and streaming millennials. Still a great way to network on the Forum and eventually meet a few of the other hardcore vintage paper or original art collectors in person at regional USA or Canadian cons or  at :peace: Collectors Summit.

Edited by aardvark88
sp.

On 11/25/2022 at 3:15 PM, aardvark88 said:

I have been told the comic book back issue market will go the way of the Dodo bird for the last 10 years since we are in the era of paperless office and streaming millennials. Still a great way to network on the Forum and eventually meet a few of the other hardcore vintage paper or original art collectors in person at regional USA or Canadian cons or  at :peace: Collectors Summit.

Is there a great deal of comics that only came out digitally? Or are the print runs just super low on books from the past 10 years? The Japanese market is so huge, it boggles my mind - I have to think that the size of that market would result in some spillover into the American-style comic market.

On 11/26/2022 at 2:07 PM, Drummy said:

I love reading a comic and opening up to a great splash page.  Always gives me joy.

Dan

Yup. Always remember Kirby's from when I was a kid in the 70s, in particular.  Still love the power and energy in them.