• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The 'This Community Is Temporarily Unavailable' Has Been Shocking Lately
3 3

181 posts in this topic

On 12/8/2022 at 2:17 PM, CGC Mike said:

This may take a while to get fixed.  Sorry guys...

Can you be any more specific Mike? Days, weeks, months? 

• Administrator
On 12/8/2022 at 2:59 PM, Get Marwood & I said:
On 12/8/2022 at 9:17 AM, CGC Mike said:

This may take a while to get fixed.  Sorry guys...

Can you be any more specific Mike? Days, weeks, months? 

We tried the update on our lowest participation forum, and it crashed the site.  We are working with Invision before attempting anything here.  That is all I know.

On 12/8/2022 at 7:30 PM, CGC Mike said:

We tried the update on our lowest participation forum, and it crashed the site.  We are working with Invision before attempting anything here.  That is all I know.

Not to harp, is the registry on that list? Just so I can spread the news?

• Administrator
On 12/8/2022 at 8:35 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Not to harp, is the registry on that list? Just so I can spread the news?

I believe the registry is not affected by the updates, as it is separate from the chat forum.  They are looking into the problems some people are having there.  

On 12/8/2022 at 7:43 PM, CGC Mike said:

I believe the registry is not affected by the updates, as it is separate from the chat forum.  They are looking into the problems some people are having there.  

Thank you. :)

On 12/9/2022 at 1:30 AM, CGC Mike said:

There's a forum with lower participation than this one? Blimey, that place must be lively :eek:

Any chance you could ring Dena and get a rough idea for us? 

• Administrator
On 12/9/2022 at 3:30 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

There's a forum with lower participation than this one? Blimey, that place must be lively :eek:

Any chance you could ring Dena and get a rough idea for us? 

I have been in contact with Dena and the rest of web help MANY times.  This is all of the information available at this time.  

On 12/9/2022 at 1:13 PM, CGC Mike said:

I have been in contact with Dena and the rest of web help MANY times.  This is all of the information available at this time.  

You're so rude and unhelpful at times, Mike. It was a reasonable request. Why would anyone want to hang around waiting for performance to improve here, if that's your attitude.

On 12/9/2022 at 9:16 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

You're so rude and unhelpful at times, Mike. It was a reasonable request. Why would anyone want to hang around waiting for performance to improve here, if that's your attitude.

Who are you and what have you done with @Get Marwood & I?  The one I seem to know never froths at the mouth like this.   I realize what's going on with the Chat Boards, the Registry Control Panel and website performance is beyond frustrating to all of us.

As for @CGC Mike, what's the expression, "Don't shoot the messenger."  Many times I have found Mike's posts very helpful.

As far as I'm concerned, it's @dena who needs to get on here, be transparent, and tell the community just what the heck is going on. A blow by blow if you will.

Thanks for listening. :)

• Administrator
On 12/9/2022 at 10:16 AM, Get Marwood & I said:
On 12/9/2022 at 8:13 AM, CGC Mike said:

With all due respect, I was not being rude.  I have posted the exact words here directly from Dena.  We do not have a time frame as to when this will be fixed.  This is a unique problem that we have not experienced before, and are working with Invision to get it fixed.