• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The 'This Community Is Temporarily Unavailable' Has Been Shocking Lately
3 3

181 posts in this topic

• Administrator
On 12/15/2022 at 9:52 AM, GACollectibles said:

Was that a two hour+ outage?

It was a server error with Invision.  This was something different than our ongoing problem.  Hopefully, it gets fixed before Christmas.  Everyone is aware that I am frustrated about this.  As I mentioned earlier, the update crashed one of our lighter used forums.  The technical teams are trying to avoid that happening here.

On 12/15/2022 at 10:41 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Mad, sad, disappointed, etc, all of the negative emotions.

It’s not Gunn’s fault though. 

He is just doing what needs to be done. 

I liked Man of Steel, a lot. They needed to do a MOS2 next, and they didn’t.

On 12/15/2022 at 3:15 PM, D2 said:

It’s not Gunn’s fault though. 

He is just doing what needs to be done. 

I liked Man of Steel, a lot. They needed to do a MOS2 next, and they didn’t.

Revive the DCU with a kick a :censored: LOBO movie & go from there ^^

Edited by THE_BEYONDER

On 12/15/2022 at 3:18 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Gunn is definitely at-fault for the decisions that he makes.

I totally disagree. The decision was made for him. He was hired specifically to start over. The decision was not his.

On 12/15/2022 at 3:19 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Revive the DCU with a kick a :censored: LOBO movie & go from there ^^

This.

On 12/15/2022 at 3:30 PM, D2 said:

I totally disagree. The decision was made for him. He was hired specifically to start over. The decision was not his.

No, it wasn't. Cavill was just brought back before Gunn was officially hired. Gunn made this decision irrespective of which decision prior leadership made.

On 12/15/2022 at 3:37 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

No, it wasn't. Cavill was just brought back before Gunn was officially hired. Gunn made this decision irrespective of which decision prior leadership made.

But... wait.

The DCU had no road map... apparently. Right? There was no real vision beyond independent films. 

So sure, Cavill was brought back before they hired Gunn, without a road map, without any direction. So from a financial standpoint, they are just trying to lock down everything in order to keep funds going. If they have to make a sequel, so be it. Same things as Wonder Woman, pre-approved before Gunn's involvement, as well as a stack of other projects. Cavill was in Black Adam.

Then Gunn is hired, to clean up. That's why he was hired. He was hired specifically to build a road map. I'm sure that conversation included his expertise to properly structure a direction. Now, is it possible Gunn pulled the trigger (I couldn't help myself there) on removing Cavill, I guess... anything is possible. 

But whoever decided to cut the axe on Cavill specifically, isn't relevant, when his exact purpose was to start over, create something new.

Otherwise, he wouldn't have had the authority to do what he did. They would have said, no, work with what you have, and let's move forward. Clearly someone up above gave him the power to do whatever he believed was necessary. 

On 12/16/2022 at 3:29 AM, CGC Mike said:

It was a server error with Invision.  This was something different than our ongoing problem.  Hopefully, it gets fixed before Christmas.  Everyone is aware that I am frustrated about this.  As I mentioned earlier, the update crashed one of our lighter used forums.  The technical teams are trying to avoid that happening here.

CGC now grades used lighters? 

On 12/15/2022 at 3:48 PM, D2 said:

But... wait.

The DCU had no road map... apparently. Right? There was no real vision beyond independent films. 

So sure, Cavill was brought back before they hired Gunn, without a road map, without any direction. So from a financial standpoint, they are just trying to lock down everything in order to keep funds going. If they have to make a sequel, so be it. Same things as Wonder Woman, pre-approved before Gunn's involvement, as well as a stack of other projects. Cavill was in Black Adam.

Then Gunn is hired, to clean up. That's why he was hired. He was hired specifically to build a road map. I'm sure that conversation included his expertise to properly structure a direction. Now, is it possible Gunn pulled the trigger (I couldn't help myself there) on removing Cavill, I guess... anything is possible. 

But whoever decided to cut the axe on Cavill specifically, isn't relevant, when his exact purpose was to start over, create something new.

Otherwise, he wouldn't have had the authority to do what he did. They would have said, no, work with what you have, and let's move forward. Clearly someone up above gave him the power to do whatever he believed was necessary. 

It's still his fault because it's his decision. (shrug)

On 12/16/2022 at 8:53 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

It's still his fault because it's his decision. (shrug)

I see what you are saying. He is the final executioner, but I think he was taking direction from the King. 

e4dab9c3-c265-47fb-8aa5-346ab9a5732a_text.gif

• Administrator
On 12/16/2022 at 1:33 PM, Yorick said:

Do the outages also affect the submissions page?  If I'm drafting up a list of books to submit to CGC, will I get dropped?

The submission page should not be affected by the problems we are having on the forum.