• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nominating longshot975
5 5

111 posts in this topic

On 12/23/2022 at 8:29 AM, DougC said:

The money "saved" versus the risk of media mail is never worth it, no matter how many times you have gotten away with it previously.

That is true - I still ship Media Mail on occasion, but man - I build those boxes to really withstand impact. I save all my previous packing materials in a closet, and I save newspapers - I always try to have padding and materials on hand, so I don't have to short-change my packing.

And I generally don't send anything expensive that way - even when selling records, which are legit Media Mail items: if it went over $150 I sent it Priority Mail. That $280 worth of books could have easily gone into a Large Priority Flat Rate, well-packed and gotten there just fine - yeah it would have been $12 more, but look at the hassle it's created.

Unfortunately, Timmay took the bullet that someone else would have gotten down the road.

On 12/23/2022 at 8:17 AM, unclezebo said:

As someone who lives in the Ozarks, I find that stereotypical representation of our culture deeply offensive and insulting. With a little more research one could find a more accurate and true representation of our great culture. 

The Beverly Hillbillies TV Jed Jethro Granny & Elly May guns catapult  poster | eBay

I would write a more thorough dissertation but my time is a bit short as I have to go shoot me a possum or squirrel for supper.

Salute!  [Duchess of Sussex on the bottom left]

Heehaw.webp

If anyone is interested in getting one of his legendary "deals", Longshot posted a final price drop in his sales thread just now. lol

On 12/24/2022 at 3:38 AM, AbsoluteCarnage said:

I'm just hoping he doesn't spark a thread selling comic packaging materials at this point.

They've got to be somewhere, right? 

On 12/23/2022 at 11:48 AM, thehumantorch said:

Sigh, and he'll probably complain in his thread that we're not buying.

The only reason I’m even in this thread is because I was contemplating his Turok Gold variant a few days ago and was waiting to see what else he was going to post.

Then his ‘general question’ thread came up, and after all that ensued, I breathed a sigh of relief that I didn’t pull the pin on anything. 

I especially like the red font highlighted in blue RETURNS NOT ACCEPTED

I think I had an aneurysm just trying to read it. 

On 12/23/2022 at 12:59 PM, universal soldier said:

I especially like the red font highlighted in blue RETURNS NOT ACCEPTED

I think I had an aneurysm just trying to read it. 

Wow  - that hinks out my right-eye, and I temporarily lose focus.

I will have to remember this technique...., :shiftyeyes:

On 12/23/2022 at 7:29 PM, KCOComics said:

@longshot975 can you please resolve this? Ask for the books back and give a full refund.

It's the right thing to do, it says shipping is insured, so your free to file a claim. 

This is pretty straightforward and there is no need to drag it out. 

@longshot975 Its not too late. You can make this right. 

On 12/22/2022 at 10:08 AM, longshot975 said:

Well there will probably be more reports because i have dealt with customers like this before that's why i want them to not even be able to comment or respond to any of my post because they are determined to get there money back even though same shipping materials and packages were used in last sale to them which they did not dispute or report any issues with. They were already low-balling my prices and got me to dirt cheap on the items now they are trying to get them for nothing by constant harassment of me in both email messages and my current sales threads.

I really don't get why you would admit you're trying to ghost your customers who have issues with the books you sent them.  You accepted their "low-balling" price so it's not their fault for your inability to get the price you want.  Exactly how many customers have you had try harass you in your sales thread?  A satisfied customer probably wouldn't do that, unless their concerns were met with silence.