• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recommended books for potential Rob Liefeld CGC signing?
1 1

11 posts in this topic

Hello everyone! Relatively new to comic book collecting and CGC in general, but Deadpool has always been my favorite character since growing up in the 90s, and about 6 months ago I bought a clean NM 98 on facebook marketplace and submitted it for grading. Sure enough - it received a 9.8 white! I've also been watching Rob's whatnot shows over the past month or so, and he has recently indicated that he's more than likely going to do a private signing with CGC at some point this year. He hasn't said anything at all about offering remarques.

My question for all of you, is: IF he ends up doing the signing, what books would you want to send in? How about IF he offers remarques as well? This is all for my personal collection, so I'd likely have my NM 98 cracked, and send that in and roll the dice on the regrade. The potential lower grade isn't a huge concern since I'm not planning on ever selling. I don't think I'd want a remarque on it, though...but could be convinced it's the best option. Something like a blank page NM 98 facsimile is likely too much space for a remarque (better for a sketch cover) - so I'm stumped what I would want to submit for that.

Just trying to get all my ducks in a row before anything is announced!! Thanks, everyone.

Welcome to the hobby!

Some things to know about Liefeld signings, it is very unlikely that he will do remarks IF he does a CGC private signing event.  Also, he has a staggered pricing structure depending on the book that you are getting signed.  In particular New Mutants 98 and New Mutants 87 are generally the two books that he charges the most for signing.  Last signing that I saw, he was charging $100 for those two particular books.  

Even if he does not do a private CGC signing, you should keep your eyes out for appearances at different comic cons.  Even if you can't go or even if CGC is not there, there are facilitators that can get the signatures for you and submit them to CGC for SS Gold labels.

If deadpool is your favorite character, then for sure go with NM 98, then just google deadpool liefeld covers and just find the ones you like most.

also, maybe some of the early Cable & Deadpool comics for me.

There was a time Liefeld wasn't going around much in the signature scene but he has been a regular lately, Deadpool is mostly what I see his signature on and perhaps a couple of Image titles that he created/co-created. Just had my Youngblood #1 signed at NYCC.

Just got my copy of NM98 and a new copy of artist sketch of NM98. I would like to get them both signed by Liefeld and of course for the books to be graded too. How do I do this? Do I have to wait till CGC make an announcement for in-house signing with Liefeld? Or can I request for his signature through CGC? how does this signature series work? Pls advise. 

29675189-77C6-4015-8B5B-A09ECAB8AC32.jpeg

EB46A2B5-2198-414C-9A31-080460C3678D.jpeg

On 1/29/2023 at 1:48 AM, Joohandy said:

Just got my copy of NM98 and a new copy of artist sketch of NM98. I would like to get them both signed by Liefeld and of course for the books to be graded too. How do I do this? Do I have to wait till CGC make an announcement for in-house signing with Liefeld? Or can I request for his signature through CGC? how does this signature series work? Pls advise. 

29675189-77C6-4015-8B5B-A09ECAB8AC32.jpeg

EB46A2B5-2198-414C-9A31-080460C3678D.jpeg

You have to wait or if he shows up at a comic store or convention by you ..he has said no to cgc in-house for awhile now ..but he does go to cons still ..good luck