• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Are Your Little Pleasures of Comic Collecting...
2 2

46 posts in this topic

What are the little pleasures or quirks of the hobby that give you joy outside of the books themselves? For me one of the things I enjoy is the cataloging aspect of the hobby. Also I get a happy feeling after I've rebagged and boarded an entire series into a new short box and see them all lined up perfectly uniform and fresh in the box.

Thoughts?

Edited by Krydel4
Clarity

On 3/2/2023 at 6:19 PM, Gaard said:

What, you think I'd have my mom do it? :wink:

Someone has to cook the chicken nuggies. :baiting:

On 3/1/2023 at 11:46 PM, 500Club said:

The smell of old newsprint. :cloud9:

I remember buying piles of old comics at the flea market and driving home with them on the front seat. Some really had that old paper scent that permeated the truck.

”You can tell by the smell it’s a Dell” 

The moment when I first walk in the area where I display my slabs. Even before I turn on the lamp, I can see the light coming from the TV, reflecting on the front covers, the giant Action or Sensation logos glowing. Just staring at the books like “wow this thing survived WW2.”

Edited by Nazirite