• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Would you publicize this find?

Would you publicize this find?   

81 members have voted

1. 1. Would you publicize this find?

• Yes
    • No
    • Let's smoke some crack and think about it

59 posts in this topic

On 3/5/2023 at 10:48 AM, Robot Man said:

No! Hard to do sometimes but keep yer trap shut. This guy is just bragging.

That is the trouble with books like this. Sooo many copies in high grade. I just can’t see fools paying much for most of it.

By showing all your cards so to speak, you are just devaluing what you do have.

I’m not impressed…

Well, this is cranky. :baiting:

Supply is only half of the equation, and old timers sure do fixate on supply. There is actually no trouble with these books; this is some of the easiest material to sell. And the fact that common "junk" like this sells for what it does only serves as a positive indicator for the hobby. 

On 3/9/2023 at 6:38 PM, COI said:

Well, this is cranky. :baiting:

Supply is only half of the equation, and old timers sure do fixate on supply. There is actually no trouble with these books; this is some of the easiest material to sell. And the fact that common "junk" like this sells for what it does only serves as a positive indicator for the hobby. 

It is the cream of the crop of the era though. Those Byrne books were great and that was peak Perez. The Byrne X-Men were expensive 40 years ago. And yes, there is no such thing as a 1979 or 1980 Marvel that is hard to find. So what? Plenty of demand for those particular books for generations now.

On 3/9/2023 at 6:43 PM, the blob said:

It is the cream of the crop of the era though. Those Byrne books were great and that was peak Perez. The Byrne X-Men were expensive 40 years ago. And yes, there is no such thing as a 1979 or 1980 Marvel that is hard to find. So what? Plenty of demand for those particular books for generations now.

They're also the type of books that are great for new collectors. I don't really understand the disdain some collectors have for this era. 

On 3/9/2023 at 3:48 PM, COI said:

They're also the type of books that are great for new collectors. I don't really understand the disdain some collectors have for this era. 

I have no distain for any era. There are great books and stinkers. This era included. Not knocking them just am amazed how much people pay for such easy to find books. (shrug)

On 3/6/2023 at 11:37 AM, october said:

Gary, if you ever get tired of looking at collections of dozens of bronze and copper keys, send em my way. Happy to go blind looking at that stuff every day for a LONG time. 

It might be garbage to old school guys, but it's a big deal to younger collectors. 

I guess when you've seen your 10,000th copy of Wolverine 1 you can get a bit jaded, Andy.  But though I might not be excited by it, I still buy it if the price is right.  <3

On 3/9/2023 at 9:54 PM, Moondog said:

I guess when you've seen your 10,000th copy of Wolverine 1 you can get a bit jaded, Andy.  But though I might not be excited by it, I still buy it if the price is right.  <3

I figured you would. Maybe not worth skipping that tee time for though!

On 3/9/2023 at 9:58 PM, october said:

I figured you would. Maybe not worth skipping that tee time for though!

That's funny - I don't even bother coming up with a lame excuse for not being available due to playing golf.  I just tell sellers that "I'm playing golf that day but I can see you in the evening."  Nobody has complained (at least not yet).  xD

Edited by Moondog

On 3/10/2023 at 9:33 AM, Paul © ® ™💙 said:

14wa4n.jpg

The average Brit smiles for a photo. 

On 3/11/2023 at 10:00 PM, Paul © ® ™💙 said:

I believe this photo was actually taken in Melbourne.

They are weird down south.