• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC lost 38 of my comics
7 7

98 posts in this topic

Back in 2020 or 2021 I had one order of about 20 books I sent in for pressing and grading that took about a year.   Lead times were very long so I waited approximately 6-8 months before I ever called to check on them.   They could not find them but assured me they would turn up.   I kept calling every couple of weeks for an update and what do you know they found them.   They had been accidentally sent back to pressing for a second time.  They rushed them through grading after that and the story had a happy ending.  The nice lady in CS even told me all my grades over the phone before they were posted online ("I'm not supposed to do this but you have waited so long and been so patient...").  

I hope you dont have to wait a year but I think you will get them back eventually.  Good luck!

Edited by kypackman

On 6/15/2023 at 2:38 AM, kypackman said:

Back in 2020 or 2021 I had one order of about 20 books I sent in for pressing and grading that took about a year.   Lead times were very long so I waited approximately 6-8 months before I ever called to check on them.   They could not find them but assured me they would turn up.   I kept calling every couple of weeks for an update and what do you know they found them.   They had been accidentally sent back to pressing for a second time.  They rushed them through grading after that and the story had a happy ending.  The nice lady in CS even told me all my grades over the phone before they were posted online ("I'm not supposed to do this but you have waited so long and been so patient...").  

I hope you dont have to wait a year but I think you will get them back eventually.  Good luck!

Thanks for taking the time to respond. The person I'm dealing with also seems to be nice and confident that they will find the books so fingers crossed!

On 6/15/2023 at 6:58 AM, Joe Fox said:

Thanks for taking the time to respond. The person I'm dealing with also seems to be nice and confident that they will find the books so fingers crossed!

Losing books and then finding them months later probably happens so often there that they can say such things with confidence. 

meh

I am going through this right now also. I sent my books off on the 6th for Pressing and Grading and CGC signed for them on the 12th. They were received in the system on the 20th and I received an email saying a book was missing from my order. I responded back that it absolutely was in the order. I only had 4 books in this order and the one missing is a high grade key issue. I also normally scan all my books front and back before sending them off or dropping them off at shows. I spoke to their customer service today and I had to send them my scans and they are investigating. I am hoping they are able to locate the book as it was one I spent a good amount of time trying to find in great shape. 

I also currently have two comics missing from my submission that had three in it. Although with mine they graded the one and shipped it back while the other two are still out there. 
Hoping for the best turn out for the both of us. 

Edited by brentio

On 6/22/2023 at 1:25 PM, brentio said:

I also currently have two comics missing from my submission that had three in it. Although with mine they graded the one and shipped it back while the other two are still out there. 

What the hell!

On 6/23/2023 at 2:25 AM, brentio said:

Yes, that's similar for me in a way. They've graded and returned 2 of 23 books...

This doesn’t sound good.  I sent in a book to CGC last week and according to Canada Post tracking it has been waiting for pickup since the 21st of June.  What is going on?  Don’t they do a daily pickup?  

I just got a book graded at CBCS and it took them 3 days to receive grade and ship back to me.  I have been a customer of CGC for years through other submitters and I am not impressed.

Cheers, Zevgoli

I believe the PO box you send to is located directly at the CGC facility, in a secured room or vault.  They don't go anywhere to pick up. 

It sits in that status until they open the box for intake.  That amount of time can vary according to workload.

Just for clarity and probably my fault but there are two issues being discussed in this thread that are similar but different in an important way:

1. The OP sent in 38 books that were never added to his dashboard

2. My 21 books that were added to my dashboard over a year ago but now CGC don't know where they put them

I'm going to assume that CGC has located the op's books ... based on the fact that he hasn't been on the forum since the day he started the thread (March 17). This assumption may be incorrect. Hard to say because he hasn't updated us ... which is pretty much par for the course with these kinds of threads.

It doesn't appear that @brentio or @Joe Fox have their books.

On 6/25/2023 at 4:11 AM, Gaard said:

I'm going to assume that CGC has located the op's books ... based on the fact that he hasn't been on the forum since the day he started the thread (March 17). This assumption may be incorrect. Hard to say because he hasn't updated us ... which is pretty much par for the course with these kinds of threads.

It doesn't appear that @brentio or @Joe Fox have their books.

Correct, mine still haven’t shown up.