• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

She divorced him because he collected comics....

73 posts in this topic

On 4/6/2023 at 1:18 PM, valiantman said:

Probably someone in the family who will get the money back. No one wants to be the first kid on the dance floor, so the sponsors always push one of their own kids out there to get the ball rolling.

At least it's not as bad as "Best Seller" book publishers who buy a million copies of their own books to say that they "sold a million copies" on the cover.

Could also be a influencer or yt looking to make a video to get likes views etc… they might make back money in views and being the first etc and doing this blah blah… we all know how the rest goes…

On 4/6/2023 at 12:03 PM, Primetime said:
On 4/6/2023 at 11:24 AM, Robot Man said:

What a scam/ripoff. Harley got in and bought a bunch of stuff. Wonder what he had to do for the “privledge”? 

He was approached by the consignor at Motor City con last year and they hit it off. Apparently, only the Bat 1 and Supe 1 went to HA. 

With so many of these books going straight to Harley in raw cndition and from what we've seen here to date so far, I am starting to get the suspicion that the only GA books of any significance or value is just the Bat 1 and the Supes 1 and posssibly pretty much nothing after that.  (shrug)

On 4/8/2023 at 12:57 AM, lou_fine said:

With so many of these books going straight to Harley in raw cndition and from what we've seen here to date so far, I am starting to get the suspicion that the only GA books of any significance or value is just the Bat 1 and the Supes 1 and posssibly pretty much nothing after that.  (shrug)

Not of any interest to me but wern’t there supposed to be multiples of SA keys? Or were they secondary or BA stuff?

Seems kinda odd to have CGC issue a special label for two books…(shrug)

On 4/8/2023 at 8:50 AM, Robot Man said:
On 4/8/2023 at 12:57 AM, lou_fine said:

Not of any interest to me but wern’t there supposed to be multiples of SA keys? Or were they secondary or BA stuff?

Seems kinda odd to have CGC issue a special label for two books…(shrug)

Yes, there apparently were multiples when it came to FF1 and GSXM 1, but as per my post up above, I was referring specifically to GA books:  (shrug)

On 12/13/2022 at 9:02 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

Highlights from the CGC article, just awesome stuff!

“We knew about the bigger books like the Superman and Batman. But we didn’t talk about like, ‘Oh, you also have five copies of Fantastic Four #1, and you have 13 copies of Giant-Size X-Men.’ But at the time when we were growing up, those weren’t that huge,” Darren said.

Also, among the thousands of key issues found in the collection are:

• an Amazing Spider-Man #1 graded CGC 8.0
  • an Amazing Fantasy #15 graded CGC 5.5
  • a Batman #1 graded CGC 8.0
  • an Incredible Hulk #1 graded CGC 7.5
  • a Journey into Mystery #83 graded CGC 8.0
  • a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1 graded CGC 9.4
  • an X-men #1 graded CGC 7.0

Edited by lou_fine

On 4/8/2023 at 2:37 PM, JollyComics said:
On 4/8/2023 at 2:35 PM, lou_fine said:

Far too common to even bother with or worth to mention as I believe it was a long box full of untouched Hulk 181's.  :p  lol

My Gosh!  Fitly rich.

Not really, as with a huge untouched motherlode like that, it should bring ALL HG copies of Hulk 181's down closer to cover price again. :tonofbricks:  lol

Edited by lou_fine

On 4/8/2023 at 6:09 PM, lou_fine said:

Not really, as with a huge untouched motherlode like that, it should bring ALL HG copies of Hulk 181's down closer to cover price again. :tonofbricks:  lol

I have a feeling this has already happened as I noticed a drop on 181 and 180 as well been trying to snipe a nice bargain recently