• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

List of GA dealers online...
14 14

528 posts in this topic

The secret to dealing with Richie Muchin is to call first, ask him to call you back when he gets the book out of the "warehouse" or call him back when he says to. Then have him go over the book, give you his appraisal and price, then start negotiating for a better price. I've been buying from Richie for 20 years and have no complaints.

As for Joe Naaca,,,well, 20 years ago it was great, but he seems to have figured out the trends and has priced everything accordingly (No more $10 Hansi's or $20 L.B. Cole covers-(sniff). However, he does OVER GRADE and always has, usually by at least a full grade, and he will not deal on the price (at least, he never did with me, and I try... really... I do...)

Richie is good as gold in my book. He gives probably the most detailed description of each book as anyone on eBay. Not long ago I ordered a book from him that was VF but it had a spine split and I returned it. He refunded my money and shipping BOTH ways and it turned out I was mistakenly sent the wrong book. He then sent me the right one and told me I didn't have to pay for it and could just keep it. This is NOT a 50 dollar book we're talking here.... over 200.I've never had anyone go to that length in over 45 years of mail order. Of course I'll compensate him..... it's just..... WOW. What a day..... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

P.S. He has a new up to date website with material that ISN'T on eBay and some that is...... www.tomorrowstreasures.com

I just bought myself a couple books from Ritchie for Xmas. They were on his website and on Fleabay. I got his Police #25 (VG) after his second look at it, and an Adventures into the Unknown #38 (Devil cover-not a friend of Jesus lol ) in about VF. Didn't pay even close to what he wanted on Fleabay. He's a good negotiator if you ask for the discount. I wish Payette would adopt that attitude...

He has a new up to date website with material that ISN'T on eBay and some that is...... www.tomorrowstreasures.com

Hi. Is he a board member ? He has a few Tecs on his web site I could be interested in.

However, mixed reviews about this fellow. :eek:

He has a new up to date website with material that ISN'T on eBay and some that is...... www.tomorrowstreasures.com

Hi. Is he a board member ? He has a few Tecs on his web site I could be interested in.

..... He isn't on the boards but has been in business since the dawn of time. He probably gives one of the most detailed descriptions on eBay. If you want unrestored.... read his description carefully. If he has "none" listed next to Conservation, Restoration, and Repairs.... then it's very likely OK. His return policy is super. With you out of country that's probably not a route you want to take, understandably. I'd call him up and arrange a time for him to pull the books to go over with you. He knows as much about comics as anyone you'll ever meet. The first time I ever met him I was in line to speak with him.... that's how he does it at shows.... one at a time. He was showing an unrestored Detective Comics 28 in about 5.0 to a fellow..... it was priced at $ 2500..... yes, it was a LONG time ago. GOD BLESS...

..... He isn't on the boards but has been in business since the dawn of time. He probably gives one of the most detailed descriptions on eBay. If you want unrestored.... read his description carefully. If he has "none" listed next to Conservation, Restoration, and Repairs.... then it's very likely OK. His return policy is super. With you out of country that's probably not a route you want to take, understandably. I'd call him up and arrange a time for him to pull the books to go over with you. He knows as much about comics as anyone you'll ever meet. The first time I ever met him I was in line to speak with him.... that's how he does it at shows.... one at a time. He was showing an unrestored Detective Comics 28 in about 5.0 to a fellow..... it was priced at $ 2500..... yes, it was a LONG time ago. GOD BLESS...

When you have him on the phone, be sure to mention CGC. He loves to chat about CGC.

When you have him on the phone, be sure to mention CGC. He loves to chat about CGC.

lol

So I guess that rules out asking if he has any slabbed Tecs then ...

....any slabs he has (and he does have a few, probably not 'tecs) are incidental, and not part of his business model. GOD BLESS...

So I guess that rules out asking if he has any slabbed Tecs then ...

Occasionally he will pick up a slab or two in a trade or as part of a collection but generally he avoids them like the plague. He is definitely willing to negotiate price for the books listed on his site (go there rather than through eBay) particularly for a high dollar book or if you are buying multiple books. Straight shooter, although known to be grumpy on occasion. :D

I have never used CLink. The website style appears old and outdated and I noticed many listings of comics being posted in 2007, any chance these older postings are valid? Anyone have experience they can share? Thx

They are valid, I have bought listings from 07'.

I have never used CLink. The website style appears old and outdated and I noticed many listings of comics being posted in 2007, any chance these older postings are valid? Anyone have experience they can share? Thx

the older the listing, the less likely the OP still has the book they were trying to sell.

Sometimes it works out, but more often than not you make the offer or the buy and then a few days later your purchase gets rescinded when the seller notifies CLINK that the book is no longer available.

About Tomorrow's Treasures...as a customer of Richard's for over 20 years I can recommend him to anyone :headbang: , but you need to know a few things:

He will pull the book for a second look before sale if you ask him to.

He will re-evaluate the book over the phone with you.

He will discount upon request, but the request must be made politely.

Do NOT EVER tell him he is asking TOO much for a book. Politely state that you realize it is probably an over-guide book, but you cannot afford to pay that much. Ask if he can negotiate on the price. He will...9 times out of 10. Once you are negotiating, be polite and try to get the book at your level of spending. He will only go so far, but does not mind if you are polite.

If you are not polite, and tell him what you think in a demanding tone, he will ban you forever...and never tell you why...that's just how he is. He doesn't have time for people that can't be respectful and polite. (tsk)

He will even joke about how you are beating him up over the price :makepoint: , but that's just part of the game...ever bought a car?

He will also tell you a lot about comics. He likes to talk. You might need to change the subject if you want to get back to the sale if you ask the wrong question...he is very thorough in his answers. I called him yesterday to give him a want list and ask a couple questions...I wasn't looking to buy anything at the moment, but we still talked for over a half hour.

Edited by tricolorbrian

the older the listing, the less likely the OP still has the book they were trying to sell.

Sometimes it works out, but more often than not you make the offer or the buy and then a few days later your purchase gets rescinded when the seller notifies CLINK that the book is no longer available.

That is helpful info, so if someone tried to buy the same book before me and it was not available, Clink would have scrubbed it already. I went a ahead and tried it so we will see what happens. Appreciate both responses to help me.

That is helpful info, so if someone tried to buy the same book before me and it was not available, Clink would have scrubbed it already. I went a ahead and tried it so we will see what happens. Appreciate both responses to help me.

I dont think this is actually happening. Or if it is, it's not happening every time.

There are books with "offers" that have had those "offers" for as long as I can remember.

CLINK is in the business of "least effort" (cause effort equals manpower which equals them spending $). Thus why no back cover scans on books, old website design, very little data scrubbing/inventory mgmt...

Well, it's up to the seller to remove his books from the Exchange if they're no longer available for sale. So if you sell it somewhere else, you simply delete it from your For Sale listings in ComicTrack.

Pretty simple - but I guess some people don't do it, leaving dead listings. :makepoint: