• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

List of GA dealers online...
14 14

528 posts in this topic

I have never used CLink. The website style appears old and outdated and I noticed many listings of comics being posted in 2007, any chance these older postings are valid? Anyone have experience they can share? Thx

the older the listing, the less likely the OP still has the book they were trying to sell.

Sometimes it works out, but more often than not you make the offer or the buy and then a few days later your purchase gets rescinded when the seller notifies CLINK that the book is no longer available.

That is helpful info, so if someone tried to buy the same book before me and it was not available, Clink would have scrubbed it already. I went a ahead and tried it so we will see what happens. Appreciate both responses to help me.

I dont think this is actually happening. Or if it is, it's not happening every time.

There are books with "offers" that have had those "offers" for as long as I can remember.

CLINK is in the business of "least effort" (cause effort equals manpower which equals them spending $). Thus why no back cover scans on books, old website design, very little data scrubbing/inventory mgmt...

Well, guess your right. I got an email that book was no longer available. Fortunately they removed it from their dbase.

.... it's case by case. I bought a JIM 61 a couple years ago that had been on the site for almost 10 years.... I figured "what the heck?"...... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

What is PCEI?

Robert Roter of Pacific Comic Exchange...... the person who rought the Pacific Coast pedigree to market. He actually may have had the first significant consignment based Internet presence, but it never seemed to evolve with the times and was probably pushed out by eBay. Roter was a very tight grader who placed an emphasis on PQ...... He turned up some nice books in the day and was a real mover and shaker. He has kind of disappeared and I've never really heard much about what he does now..... and inquiring minds would love to know. I hope he's OK..... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I thought that was it, but the "I" on the end confused me. Here's the website, but it hasn't been updated since 2003...someone told me Roter got in trouble over something...don't know if that is true and i don't want to spread a rumor if it isn't...maybe they were just referring to the BS way he treated collectors when they wanted to buy from him. There's a whole thread on him and he doesn't sound like Mr. Nice Guy... I bought a couple books from him in the early 90s. Graded very well...and they were priced right...guess things changed...

http://www.pcei.com/index.asp

Edited by tricolorbrian

About Tomorrow's Treasures...as a customer of Richard's for over 20 years I can recommend him to anyone :headbang:

Inquired on one of his books. The guy is a totally off the deep end :screwy:

About Tomorrow's Treasures...as a customer of Richard's for over 20 years I can recommend him to anyone :headbang:

Well he has been known to be a tad irascible, but I've never had a problem with him. He does sometimes suddenly mark up books if he notices a high auction result. Is that what happened?

Well he has been known to be a tad irascible, but I've never had a problem with him. He does sometimes suddenly mark up books if he notices a high auction result. Is that what happened?

Asked him if the book we were discussing could be CGC'd prior to deal closure.

He flipped.

He flipped.

To him CGC is like a red flag to a bull!

He flipped.

I found him willing to negotiate on price, which is more than I can say for many of the consignors on CConnect & CLink, but his grading was much looser than mine on the one book I purchased. Basically, his 9.0 was my 7.0. (It was an inexpensive book, so I just kept it.)

Yes he is willing to negotiate but when you are talking about a 9K book, proper grading and possible restoration issues are quite important, at least to me.

Because other boardies have already mentioned that his grading wasn't exactly spot on, I wasn't prepared to take any chances.

He doesn't share the same opinion so screw him. I'll find the book elsewhere.

He flipped.

I found him willing to negotiate on price, which is more than I can say for many of the consignors on CConnect & CLink, but his grading was much looser than mine on the one book I purchased. Basically, his 9.0 was my 7.0. (It was an inexpensive book, so I just kept it.)

One area where he doesn't conform to current CGC grading is stains. We all know that CGC--particularly in recent years--hammers stains. He holds to the older view that takes a more lenient view of stains.

Yes he is willing to negotiate but when you are talking about an 9K book, proper grading and possible restoration issues are quite important, at least to me.

Because other boardies have already mentioned that his grading wasn't exactly spot on, I wasn't prepared to take any chances.

He doesn't share the same opinion so screw him. I'll find the book elsewhere.

if the book came back restored,I don't think you would have had to worry about getting your money book. If it came back at a lower grade, probably not -- he would argue his grade was correct!

I don't know if you make U.S. cons, but you might want to see inspect the book in person, although it sounds like this door may be closed ....

He flipped.

One area where he doesn't conform to current CGC grading is stains. We all know that CGC--particularly in recent years--hammers stains. He holds to the older view that takes a more lenient view of stains.

+1 my one issue was stain related...but in his defense it is not easy to accurately judge the impact of a stain.

Edited by Johnny545

He flipped.

+1 my one issue was stain related...but in his defense it is not easy to accurately judge the impact of a stain.

In his case, he's not trying to judge the impact with CGC. He considers CGC grading completely invalid. If you want to buy from him, you'll have to learn his grading and make an offer accordingly.

He flipped.

In his case, he's not trying to judge the impact with CGC. He considers CGC grading completely invalid. If you want to buy from him, you'll have to learn his grading and make an offer accordingly.

I understand his position with respect to CGC, but when he says something is a 7.0 there is a perception he is representing that would be the grade, regardless of whether it was CGC, another collector or another dealer doing an impartial review.

He flipped.

I understand his position with respect to CGC, but when he says something is a 7.0 there is a perception he is representing that would be the grade, regardless of whether it was CGC, another collector or another dealer doing an impartial review.

I don't think he'd see it that way. I think he'd say that anybody who doesn't like his grading can go buy their books somewhere else. To him, his opinion is the only one that matters. That's my impression, anyhow.