• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Request Changes to Slab notations HERE
6 6

130 posts in this topic

Following a message from CGC Mike - all label change requests should go here to be forwarded on to the appropriate person.

PLEASE KEEP IT CIVIL

I'll start:

Tim Holt #30 has a connection with the Zodiac Killer. I would like to see something notated on the label to reflect that. It probably got a disproportionate amount of media coverage due to the 'link' to the ZK.

@CGC Mike - you want to make this a sticky?

Have at it.

There is a notation for elainna Grayson on batman beyond #25, which I'm grateful for, but

:butbutbutemoji:

I pve tried and had no faithful notation for when she becomes batwoman beyond, which most assume is #37. I'm confident and mailed in with my book a request, to no avail, and yet there may be reasons for that, that are unknown to us when we receive the no notation label back.

I have hopes for this thread but from my experience it may result in Eve more questions of "why?" 

Lol js

:cheers:

On 4/26/2023 at 9:24 AM, valiantman said:

It should be mentioned that CGC is updating slab notations all the time, but obviously, printed labels out in the world aren't magically updated.

Thanks for that LMAO. 

I'd not be surprised though if at some future date the slab label is not printed and instead is a display which pulls a data feed.  Something for the 7G or 8G era's

Edited by MAR1979

On 4/26/2023 at 8:36 AM, MAR1979 said:
On 4/26/2023 at 8:24 AM, valiantman said:

It should be mentioned that CGC is updating slab notations all the time, but obviously, printed labels out in the world aren't magically updated.

Thanks for that LMAO. 

I'd not be surprised though if at some future date the slab label is not printed and pulls a data feed.  Something for the 6G or 7G or 8G or era's

I'm pretty sure that I've seen people complaining about the label on a slab they already own because it frustrates them every time they look at it.

I'm wondering how many have checked the CGC Certification lately, because the "label" can be updated officially even if it wasn't reprinted and delivered by owl to their home. :grin:

Edited by valiantman

Star Wars #68 (1983)

1st appearance of planet Mandalore.   (The "1st appearance of planet" notation has been used by CGC before for Superman #164.)

---- optional additional notes ----

1st appearance and story of other Mandalorians (not Boba Fett).

Boba Fett appearance in flashback panels.

Edited by valiantman

• Administrator

Here is a message from Brad Bradley.  I will ask the team about other changes when I have a little more time.

For books where there are no creator credits within the book (in the case of BLACK PANTHER #14, there is no cover credit given, nor is the cover art signed by anyone) we often use the Grand Comics Database (comics.org) for information. We especially used it heavily when we first opened 23 years ago and almost every book was being entered for the first time.

At that time, the GCD listed the cover artist as Jerry Bingham, and so we followed suit.  As some time since then, they have updated that credit, but of course they don't notify us when they do.

I have now changed our label so that it reflects the current info from the GCD.

image.png

On 4/26/2023 at 8:37 PM, CGC Mike said:

Here is a message from Brad Bradley.  I will ask the team about other changes when I have a little more time.

For books where there are no creator credits within the book (in the case of BLACK PANTHER #14, there is no cover credit given, nor is the cover art signed by anyone) we often use the Grand Comics Database (comics.org) for information. We especially used it heavily when we first opened 23 years ago and almost every book was being entered for the first time.

At that time, the GCD listed the cover artist as Jerry Bingham, and so we followed suit.  As some time since then, they have updated that credit, but of course they don't notify us when they do.

I have now changed our label so that it reflects the current info from the GCD.

image.png

:celebration:
:cheers:

Thanks @CGC Mike

Will the census comments be updated going forward?

Edited by MAR1979

Lol I've realized the error of my ways.

This thread being nit so much label suggestions for new notations? But rather mistakes and or corrections?  :)

That's a little clarity that I might have misunderstood  :)

On 4/27/2023 at 11:29 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Lol I've realized the error of my ways.

This thread being nit so much label suggestions for new notations? But rather mistakes and or corrections?  :)

That's a little clarity that I might have misunderstood  :)

It's both mate.

If you feel a comic isn't getting it's due - or there is an error - then Mike will collate and pass it on.

All good Addy

New Avengers #35 (2007)

"Venomized" Wolverine cover. "Venomized" characters in story.

image.png.4dcd745a36da881ad40a81e4b8291628.png

Both of these "Venomized" notes are more important than the current CGC notes on the label about random minor character (non-1st) appearances.

(*This was 10 years before Marvel "venomized" everyone and created a title of the same name.  CGC already notes more than 50 "Venomized" covers in other titles from 2017 and the "Venomized" title from 2018.)

Edited by valiantman

Doom Patrol #64 (3/93)

doompatrolpollack.jpg.1abdd5f50211e50258efc1c193d5ee01.jpg

Should be Rachel Pollack story, not Grant Morrison story ('Rachel Pollack storyline begins' could also be added, but her run mightn't be considered as notable as Morrison's)

'1st issue under Vertigo Imprint' could also be noted here, Sandman #47 (03/93) & Hellblazer #63 (03/93) have this key note

Shade, the Changing Man #33 (03/93), Animal Man #57 (03/93), and Swamp Thing #129 (03/93) should also get the '1st issue under Vertigo Imprint' key note